Ding Dong the Old Main Bell is Gone!
After a 1 day postponement (killer winds), workers removed the bell from Old Main’s bell tower. The bell has been defunct since the last day of classes in 1929 and has been collecting dust since. The bell has seldom been seen on the few and far between bell tower tours.
The Class of 2009 elected to have the bell removed, restored, and displayed in a prominent locale on campus. The bell is scheduled to return April 2010.
Photographs: Dani Barsky || [email protected]
More photos after the jump.