The Three-Quarter Turn: Hoosier Daddy?
The Three-Quarter Turn is a new feature here at Onward State. Named after the signature Blue Band Pregame 270 degree right hand turn technique, this segment will report on what the Blue Band is bringing to Beaver Stadium and Penn State every week. From performance schedules to half-time show themes to special news coverage, The Three-Quarter Turn has got you covered.
For the last home game of the season, the Blue Band will be bringing a season’s worth of hits to the Beav’.
- 7:00- Blue Band Rehearsal begins on the practice field on Services Road. Extra points go to tailgaters who arrive early enough to see the Blue Band run through their Pregame and halftime shows.
- 9:35- The Blue Band parades down University Drive to the Bryce Jordan Center in preparation for TailGreat. Be sure to watch the world famous Blue Band parade dance and listen for the Fight Song Medley.
- 10:00- Blue Band performs at TailGreat in the Bryce Jordan Center. Expect to hear Blue Band standards from the Pregame show and highlights from the halftime show. Also, the Trumpet, Piccolo and Trombone sections will be playing section songs.
- 11:00- The Blue Band Parades down Curtin Road to Beaver Stadium. If you are in the stadium already, check out the band from the outside railings of the stadium as they disappear into the depths of the Beav.
- 11:45(ish)- The Blue Band takes the field for the world famous Pregame Show. Drum Major Matt Sabo will make both of his flips. The crowd will go wild.
- Halftime- Like every final home game of the season, the Blue Band will be performing their favorite songs from the season. Votes were taken several weeks ago among band members to decide the favorites. You’ll be hearing the follow tunes: Batman, Rocky, I’m A Believer, Ain’t Too Proud To Beg, Ain’t No Mountain, Thriller, and We Are The World.
- Final Score- Penn State Nittany Lions 27, Indiana Hoosiers 21.
- 4:00(ish)- At the end of the game, the Blue Band will take the field for a postgame show. Be sure to move over to the alumni side of the stadium so you can hear the band well. The Band will perform songs from their halftime show as well as the traditional “Lion Special” arrangement of Penn State Fight Songs. As a tribute to our graduating Seniors, the Band will be playing the Alma Mater with the graduating seniors in front of the band. Also stick around for the Drumline performance. It is a true treat to see the heart of the Blue Band by themselves.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
If you and your family are entering your last spring semester with a lot less coordination, there are some still some limited but available options for graduation day accommodations.
Send this to a friend