Practice Safe Canning!
As pretty much everyone knows, this weekend is the second canning weekend for THON. We at Onward State encourage everyone to practice safe canning techniques, ensuring a safe and enjoyable weekend for everyone. With the help of the THON Overall Committee, we’ve compiled list of things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you have your PSU ID on you at all times
- Don’t run into the streets and stay off of medians
- Don’t stop traffic to receive donations
- Wear bright and visible clothing (it’s supposed to snow this weekend, so this one is especially important)
- Be sure to ask permission from property owners and comply with all local and state regulations regarding solicitation
- No canning after dark
Remember that this is For the Kids, so stay safe.
Full Disclosure: I am a Technology Captain with the Penn State Dance Marathon.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Tim’s Law,” the Timothy J. Piazza Anti-Hazing Law, was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate Monday. The legislation is named after Tim Piazza, who died following a hazing ritual at the on-campus Beta Theta Pi fraternity house in February 2017. Now that it’s been passed by both Pennsylvania’s Senate and House of Representatives, the bill will move […]
“I’ll have a scarlet kidney but a heart that beats blue and white.”
Send this to a friend