Practice Safe Canning!
As pretty much everyone knows, this weekend is the second canning weekend for THON. We at Onward State encourage everyone to practice safe canning techniques, ensuring a safe and enjoyable weekend for everyone. With the help of the THON Overall Committee, we’ve compiled list of things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you have your PSU ID on you at all times
- Don’t run into the streets and stay off of medians
- Don’t stop traffic to receive donations
- Wear bright and visible clothing (it’s supposed to snow this weekend, so this one is especially important)
- Be sure to ask permission from property owners and comply with all local and state regulations regarding solicitation
- No canning after dark
Remember that this is For the Kids, so stay safe.
Full Disclosure: I am a Technology Captain with the Penn State Dance Marathon.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers?
“As we work together to make the impact as least disruptive as possible to our students and employees, we strongly urge Congress and the president to end this impasse.”
Send this to a friend