Five Star Penn Stater
It turns out The Penn Stater is not just
that place Penn State staff goes for nooners a fantastic hotel.
The Penn Stater magazine recently won accolades in the annual Mercury Awards, a national competition which recognizes various disciplines in the world of professional communications. The Penn Stater magazine is a bi-monthly magazine for members of the Penn State Alumni Association.
The magazine won the following awards:
- A silver award in the ‘Feature Article Writing: University’ category for a story about the ongoing investigation into Betsy Aardsma’s murder appearing in the Sep/Oct 2009 issue
- A bronze award in the ‘Feature Article Writing: Professional Profile’ category for a story in the July/Aug 2009 issue about an alum who is building a time machine so he can see his father again. Seriously.
- A silver award in ‘Writing: University Magazine’ for the Nov/Dec 2009 issue.
- A bronze aware in ‘Writing: Magazines – Overall’ for the Jan/Feb 2010 issue.
- Additional honors were received in the ‘Magazines: Member Publications’ category for the Nov/Dec 2009 issue.
We here at Onward State would like to congratulate The Penn Stater on all their successes and hope that they continue to win accolades in the future… and thanks for putting Onward State in the prestigious company of Jersey Shore’s Pauly D in your latest issue’s Hip List!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
With no canning weekends held this year and canvassing eventually suspended as well, this year’s total is a testament to how committed THON volunteers truly are.
Totals aside, congratulations to every organization that volunteered with THON throughout this year to raise more than $10 million for the kids.
Send this to a friend