Make it Rain: Local Employers Are Now Hiring
Are you in desperate need for laundry/beer/easy mac/shopping/iPad money? Well your buds here at Onward State have compiled a list of some part-time, on- and off-campus jobs to get you a little more moolah in your pocket.
• Penn State is looking for students to work in the dining commons, the HUB, or at residence hall desks. Wages start at $7.75/hour and work schedules are flexible. Plus, you can’t get any closer to campus. Apply online.
• Lion Line is the telefund office for Penn State and is now hiring. The money you’d help raise would go towards THON, student activities, and scholarships. Perks include flexible schedules with no need to work weekends, nightly bonuses and monthly raises, and candy if you’re good. Apply in the office, 112 South Burrowes, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. or online.
• Person to Person Marketing is looking for college students. The base pay is above minimum wage, and there’s the potential to make up to $15/ hour. If interested, call 814-231-6400.
• If you’re looking to get paid for something you already do, then check out PSU Know How. They pay $10/ hour for note takers, but you must have a 3.5+ GPA. If interested, send an e-mail with your course information to [email protected].
• In town, Baby’s and Irving’s are hiring—Just stop in for an application. You can also check out the State College want ads for some more options.
Infrequent Jobs–If you’re looking for an instant, non-binding way to make money, check out these options:
• Look up psych research opportunities on campus through Subject Pool. If you don’t need for the credit for a class, there’s usually some kind of monetary compensation.
• Check out the College of Health and Human Development’s website for more guinea pig opportunities.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The Nittany Lions participated in a max-out lifting session to mark the end of winter workouts.
The Nittany Lions bested the Buckeyes on the heels of a strong second period.
Gaines was committed to the Nittany Lions for nearly a year.