Canning Tips from THON Rules and Regs Overall Zach Hinkle
When you head out this weekend with your brand-new signs and cans to towns all over the East Coast, there are a bunch of canning secrets and tricks that you may not be aware of. THON Rules and Regulations Overall Zach Hinkle is here to help. These are his top five tips for making your canning trip as successful as possible.
- Consider all the required steps for preparation including signing the SORAAC, registering all trips and Canning Drop-Off, acquiring the necessary permits for solicitation and picking up all updated THON 2011 canning materials in the HUB.
- Drive safely to the host’s home and between canning locations.
- Dress warmly and wear bright, reflective clothing that features THON or Penn State. Carry your Penn State ID at all times.
- Be prepared to intelligently respond to inquiries about what THON is and how all proceeds benefit The Four Diamonds at Penn State Children’s Hospital. Be kind and courteous to everyone you encounter.
- Safety first. Canning on road medians and between traffic is illegal. No amount of money raised for THON should replace the safety a student volunteer or any member of the community in which you are fundraising.
Whether you are standing on a street corner in Schuylkill or hanging out at your THON family’s house is Fayette, good luck to you and organization on your first canning trip of the THON 2011 season. Don’t forget to shake that money-maker!