Weather Restricts Tailgating, Parking for Bama Game
While the excitement surrounding the Alabama game hasn’t withered, the ability to tailgate has been hampered by nearly constant rain this week. The wash has already soaked many tents and campers in Paternoville and is now seeking tailgaters and anyone driving to Saturday’s clash between Penn State and third ranked Alabama. With rainfall predicted into Friday, several normally accessible parking lots will be closed this weekend. Here are some important highlights:
- Parking will be severely reduced on the West side of campus. Fans are urged to approach Beaver Stadium from the east using I-99/Route 322, with the two exceptions of ADA grass parking in Lot 9, who should approach from the west, and be directed to the East Parking Deck on Bigler Road. Family-Friendly permit holders will be directed to the paved area in front of the Housing and Food Services Building, north of Park Avenue.
- People who normally park in Brown Lot will be directed to park in the Orange Lot off Park Avenue.
- Yellow Lot 12 tailgaters will be directed to available Yellow Lot parking.
- Fans who park RVs in paved spots are not affected; however reserved grass RV spaces will be redirected if they do not arrive in a normal car.
- Overnight RV parking in Yellow Lot 19 is available until Sunday.
- All lots, on and off campus, will open at 8 a.m. Saturday morning.
- Free shuttle buses to the stadium will be available beginning at 11:30 a.m.
More information can be found here with additional details to be announced today.
This is not the first time in recent memory that State College weather has altered traffic patterns and parking on a football weekend. With a sellout crowd expected for the Whitehouse, fans are urged to carpool and arrive early. The good news is that there is only a 30% chance of rain on Saturday.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
State College To Host Pride Weekend Events Beginning June 9
Downtown State College will host its annual Pride Parade at 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 10.
Things More Common Than Mega Barnwell Leaving Penn State Football Twice
Drew Allar being underhyped? Perhaps that’s more common than Mega Barnwell leaving Penn State football twice.
Tight End Mega Barnwell No Longer With Penn State Football
The team confirmed Monday that Barnwell was no longer on the roster.