THON Reschedules Canning Weekend #4
THON announced that Canning Weekend #4 will occur the weekend of February 3-5, a week earlier than originally scheduled. The announcement came this evening in an e-mail sent to THON Chairs by THON R&R Overall Mairead Hanna and in a statement on the THON website.
The decision was made to “give more students, such as dancers and Committee Members, the opportunity to participate if they so choose,” according to the release. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, Canning Weekend #4 will occur as originally scheduled on February 10-12.
A few additional points:
- THON chairs must list all members going canning for Canning Weekend #4 by 11:59pm on Tuesday, 1/31
- THON chairs must pick up wristbands for all members who have already attended a workshop and are “permitted to can.” Wristband distribution will occur from Wednesday, 2/1 through Friday, 2/3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in 322 HUB.
- For members who have not yet attended a canning workshop, Make-Up Workshops will be held this Wednesday (1/25) through Friday (1/27) from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in 325 HUB.
- Materials distribution will occur from Wednesday, 2/1 through Friday, 2/3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in 325 HUB.
- Organizations planning to can in the city of Pittsburgh must fill out the required form by Sunday, 1/29 at 11:59 p.m.
So, to recap:
- Canning Weekend #4 will now occur on the weekend of February 3-5 (weather permitting)
- ALL who plan to go canning must have attended a canning workshop, if they have not done so already, by Friday, 1/27 and must have received a wristband by Friday, 2/3
- In the event of inclement weather, Canning Weekend #4 will occur the weekend of February 10-12