Presidential Debate Drinking Games
With the 2012 Presidential Election just five weeks away, campaign mobilization is in full swing for the candidates.
You’ve probably seen the droves of Students for Barack Obama and College Republicans wandering campus, putting up signs, registering voters, and generally trolling the student population. Campaigns like Rock The Vote and PSUvotes have been increasing political awareness by engaging students with events.
But tonight is the moment in the presidential race when everyone starts paying attention. The first presidential debate will air at 9 p.m. live from the University of Denver. It’s the candidates big time to shine before the final push for the White House.
And what better way for Penn State students to participate than drinking games?
Here’s Onward State’s five favorite Presidential Debate Drinking Games:
1. I wanted to make this the first game on the list because I really want this to catch on. We’re going to have a live online drinking game via Twitter. While you’re watching the debate, live tweet your response to the candidates using #debatePSU. Follow the hashtag, and whenever someone agrees with you (or has a similar response), tweet that person a cheers and take a celebratory drink with them over the internet.
2. After doing a quick Google search, it seems that the most popular debate drinking game is described at debatedrinking.com. It’s a pretty simple game. Choose to drink for Obama or Romney, and whenever specific “buzz words” or phrases are used by your candidate, you take a drink. Here are the words for each candidate:
If you are drinking to Barack Obama:
Let me be clear
If you are drinking to Mitt Romney:
We all know how political rhetoric is basically nothing but repetitive talking points, so this game promises to make your liver one hell of a job creator.
3. About five minutes of brainstorming brought me to the greatest idea of my life: Let The Jungle Juice Judge! Make two coolers of jungle juice, one red and one blue. Whenever you agree with something Barack Obama says, take a drink of the blue juice, and whenever you agree with Mitt Romney, drink the red juice. Whoever represents the first empty cooler wins!
4. Shoutout! Take a shot every time the candidates mention student loans.
5. Free Chugs: According to the Commission on Presidential Debates, the rules state that in tonight’s debate, each candidate has two minutes to respond to a question. Once that timer hits 2:00, start chugging your cup. The longer they’re rambling, the longer you’re pounding drinks. Hope your candidate can remember his lines, inspire hope for future generations, and, the, uh… what’s that third one? Oops.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
With so many amazing flows across Penn State sports, our staff decided to make its case for which Nittany Lion has the best hair.
THON is now less than 100 days away and the organization celebrated the occasion with its annual “100 Days ‘Til THON” event in the HUB Wednesday.
Send this to a friend