What Is On The Third Floor Of The HUB?
After seven weeks of being a Penn State student (editor’s note: freshman, freshman), I have gotten to know most of the campus pretty well. However, there is one place that remains a mystery to me: the third floor of the HUB. The possibilities are endless, though I have no idea what is actually there.
Before I found a map of the HUB to locate the stairwell, this is what I guessed I would find on the third floor.
- Bouncers at the entrance – I assume that the third floor is a pretty exclusive place. I mean I hear UPUA meets up there. Maybe it’s the day job for the bouncers at Indigo?
- Area 52 – Its Penn State’s version of Area 51. Maybe that’s where the Joe Paterno statue is hidden. Too soon? Understandable.
- A THIRD place to get coffee – The Starbucks and that other coffee place that serves Starbucks coffee but isn’t actually Starbucks just aren’t enough for me. I’m not trying to be radical, but maybe it won’t even be a Starbucks. Maybe it’s a Seattle’s Best or better, a Dunkin Donuts.
- A bathroom with paper towels instead of blow dryers – I love saving the planet as much as the next guy (which is not that much except for on Earth Day), but I’m not going to lie to you — I consider it a treasure when I find a bathroom with paper towels instead of blow driers. It’s just so much faster.
- Aaron Carter – He may as well be on the third floor of the HUB, because I have absolutely no idea where he is now. Seriously, does anybody know what happened to him?
This Wednesday, I finally found the stairs and made the trip up to the third floor to find out what was really up there. Going up to the third floor was kind of like when my sister told me that there is no such thing as Santa Clause – it took away the magic. The reality of what was on the third floor of the HUB was way less exciting than what I imagined.
The only things that I found on the third floor were offices, chairs to study in, and disappointment. It was completely inclusive and had a weird smell to it at a certain point. The smell was pretty pungent too, because I could smell it even though I have a cold. Overall, it was a huge letdown.
There was an upside to it though — the third floor of the HUB did have paper towels in their bathrooms.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
It’s UPUA’s intention that the Community Group representatives will encompass all four Greek councils and all three caucuses.
If you’re heading back home to the Steel City next week, be sure to check out some of these events and attractions.
Send this to a friend