Buddy the Elf Makes HUB Late Night Debut
It looks like Buddy the Elf has passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gumdrops, and is making his way to the HUB. As part of HUB Late Night, the students activities office is spreading Christmas cheer by showing “Elf.”
For those have been living underground for the last nine years, “Elf” is a 2003 Christmas movie starring Will Farrell. In order to get warmed up and into the Christmas spirit, I have complied a list of the top ten most memorable (in no particular order) Buddy quotes from the movie. And for any of you martians who haven’t seen it, take notes.
1) “You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.”
2) “I’m sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.”
3) “SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA’S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!”
4) “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
5) “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.”
6) “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.”
7) “You sit on a throne of lies.” (Buddy confronting the fake Santa Claus)
8) “First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.”
9) Mr. Narwhal: “Bye, Buddy! Hope you find your dad!” (Okay, so this one isn’t Buddy, but come on, it’s classic.)
10) And if there were only a way that this could be quoted:
The first showing of “Elf” is Thursday, December 6 at 9 p.m. and will play through Sunday in the HUB Auditorium.
For more information, here is a link to the Student Affairs Movie Schedule.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
If you and your family are entering your last spring semester with a lot less coordination, there are some still some limited but available options for graduation day accommodations.
Send this to a friend