Penn State Searching for VP of Communications and Marketing
A national search is underway to fill a vacant vice president for communications and marketing position at Penn State.
Doug Anderson, dean of the College of Communications, will lead the search committee while the company Heyman Associates provides assistance with the process. In addition to Anderson, the 13 other members of the committee are as follows:
- Ben Clark, president, Commonwealth Campuses Student Government;
- Duncan Fong, chair and Zimmerman Endowed Fellow, Department of Marketing, Smeal College of Business;
- Cindy Hall, interim chief marketing and communications officer and associate vice president for University Relations, Office of University Relations;
- Jeff Hermann, director, Office of University Relations;
- Patreese Ingram, assistant dean of multicultural affairs in the College of Agricultural Sciences and 2012 chair of the Senate Committee on Educational Equity and Campus Environment;
- Barbara Kennedy, director of College Media Relations and Public Information, Eberly College of Science;
- Rodney Kirsch, senior vice president for Development and Alumni Relations;
- Ann Marie Major, associate professor and director of the Jimirro Center for the Study of Media Influence, College of Communications;
- Charles (Chuck) Marsh, marketing and communications manager, Penn State Abington;
- Zack Moore, director of Governmental Affairs, Office of Governmental Affairs;
- Greg Myford, associate athletic director and director of marketing and communications, Intercollegiate Athletics;
- Tom Poole, vice president for administration;
- Karen Quintos, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Dell Inc.
The chosen applicant will have wide ranging responsibilities to develop a brand vision that impacts students, alumni, and faculty. “The successful candidate will provide critical strategic direction and leadership for Penn State’s marketing and communications efforts in an increasingly competitive marketplace,” said university president Rodney Erickson in a press release.
Some of the specific job duties focus on crisis management, digital and social media, broadcast and print outreach, training and development, and content and creative services.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers?
“As we work together to make the impact as least disruptive as possible to our students and employees, we strongly urge Congress and the president to end this impasse.”
Send this to a friend