Best Outdoorsy Places To Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
Looks like Mark Emmert’s plan has been foiled — spring has finally arrived! Although there are many signs of the new season around campus, one of my favorites, and most visible, is the sudden opportunity to eat outside again. No more scurrying between classes for us! Let’s face it, it’s been a long time since it’s been so nice outside, so we’ve compiled a list of our favorite outdoor eating spots for a quick refresher.
1. Irving’s: Always first on any Onward State list, Irving’s doesn’t have a lot of outdoor seating, but they more than make up for it with their retractable doors.
2. Panera: The best part about the outdoor seating at Panera is that it can seat a lot of people and there are no strict rules about where your food is actually from.
3. The Creamery: Two words — ICE CREAM.
4. The Palmer Sculpture Garden: Secluded and generally empty, the garden is a great place to bring a little picnic or that special someone for “alone” time.
5. Old Main Lawn: In contrast to number four, the lawn in front of Old Main explodes with activity as soon as the weather warms up. It’s within walking distance from any food establishment downtown and is the best spot for avid people watchers.
6. Herwig’s: Although technically this seating isn’t outside per se, this is some prime real estate for people watching and a nice breeze every now and then. Also they put bacon in practically everything so you don’t really need another excuse.
7. Cafe 210 West: Enough said.
8. Starbucks: The little patio is a nice place to relax with an iced beverage of your choice.
9. Noodles and Company: The outdoor seating at Noodles is so large it’s ready for even your rowdiest group of friends. Although no one seems to be taking advantage of it so far…
10. Taco Bell: A popular drunk eatery, Taco Bell is even nicer in the light of day.
11. Kiwi: For those of you who prefer their cold desserts “healthy.”
12. Inferno: Patio seating AND an open air section — what more do you want?
13. The Deli: The seating in the back of the Deli is out of the way and much more cozy than the main street side. You can also sit there and laugh at everyone eating $8 burritos at Chipotle.
14. Chipotle: Where you can eat your $8 burritos outside.
15. Canyon Pizza: Is Canyon even open during the day?
Have we missed your favorite spot? Let us know in the comments, and in the meantime, go outside!