2013 ArtsFest Poster Released (And It’s Free)
With Arts Fest only six weeks away, this year’s collectable poster was released and is available for free at a number of locations in State College.
The 24″ by 36″ poster features the Arts Fest mascot, a jester, intertwined in a treble clef over a backdrop featuring some Jackson Pollack-esque paint splatters.
The 2013 ArtsFest collectable poster can be picked up the following locations:
- The Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts office, 403 S. Allen Street, Suite 205A
- Central Pennsylvania Convention and Vistors Bureau, 800 E. Park Avenue
- The HUB-Robeson Center desk
- The Hintz Family Alumni Center
- Penn State Federal Credit Union, 1937 N. Atherton Street
- Juniata River Valley Visitors Bureau, 1 W. Market Street, Lewistown, PA
If you won’t be able to make it to State College this summer and pick up the free poster, you can purchase one online along with a number of vintage Arts Fest poster’s on the festival’s website.
Graphic Design professor Lanny Sommese designed the poster and has been the designer of the annual ArtsFest poster for over 20 years. Sommese is the head of the Department of Graphic Design in Penn State’s College of Arts and Architecture, where he is a Fellow of the Institute for Arts and Humanistic Studies. You can find a collection of Sommese’s Arts Fest posters on display in the HUB.
This year’s Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts will take place from July 10 to 14 in State College and on campus. For more information on the festival, you can check out its website.