5 Excuses to Visit State This Summer
It’s almost time to head back home and slave away with your recently landed internship or lousy paying busboy job, but don’t fret. If you live close enough to Happy Valley to journey back for a good time, here are the five events you shouldn’t miss out on.
1. Arts Fest: Evidently, this is the best time to come back to State. Who doesn’t want an excuse to return to State and party when the weather is beautiful? There’s also exquisite art exhibits you can gander at in sober or drunken state. Whatever floats your boat.
2. 4th Fest: Ranked as the 3rd best firework shows in the country, 4th Fest is another super exciting event to visit Happy Valley for. It’s a daylong and family event all in one. Held on July 4th on east campus, activities include a 4K Race, a Heroes Parade, music bands and an awesome fireworks show to end the night with.
3. State College Spikes Game: Why not come and check out State College’s minor league baseball team play this summer? Purchase tickets for the home opener on June 17th. Tickets go on sale April 26th. Follow the Spikes on facebook if you’re a true fan.
4. Lift for Life: The 10th Annual Penn State chapter of Uplifting Athletes “Life For Life” will begin on July 13th from 5-7 p.m. You’re attendance creates an impact, for all proceeds benefit the Kidney Cancer Association. Lift For Life will be held at the new lax stadium. Come and watch the Nittany Lion football student-athletes test their strength as Penn State money for a great cause.
5. Rise and Rally: Come show your support for the team as the Nittany Lions get ready for the season ahead. Set for the end of July, students will gather around and continue the tradition of pumping of the boys in the early morning.