Alumni Council Elections Results Are In, Voter Turnout Way Down
The results are in for Alumni Council election, which Penn State’s hefty alumni base predictably ignored. Only 9,445 out of 133,548 eligible voters cast ballots this year to decide 10 out of 86 Alumni Council seats, the group that governs the Alumni Association.
For some context, only about 14 percent of registered voters cast ballots in last week’s Centre County municipal primary — called one of the worst turnouts in years. And, 37,579 alumni voted in this year’s more relevant Board of Trustees election.
Two Council members, Carrie Egnosak and Carl K. Rosenberger, were not reelected this year.
Here are the winners, with asterisks denoting the reelected:
1. *Susan McNulty-Atwater, ’99, Barker, N.Y. (4,978 votes)
2. *Katie Bartoo, ’92, Lib, Orlando, Fla. (4,555)
3. *Sally Hornick Anderson, ’98, H&HD, Winnetka, Ill. (4,497)
4. *Joan M. McLane, ’94, Lib, Los Angeles (4,311)
5. *Kenneth Haas Jr., ’80, Lib, Kill Devil Hills, N.C. (4,001)
6. *Susan Ingham Martin, ’68, Edu, York, Pa. (3,734)
7. Thomas Range, ’89, Sci, Levittown, Pa. (3,699)
8. *Johanna Ramos, ’92, 99g Eng, Herndon, Va. (3,624)
9. *Todd Dietrich, ’04, IST, Bethlehem, Pa. (3,383)
10. Kathy Kasperik, ’92, H&HD, Pittsburgh (3,371)
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
The last time Onward State power ranked bathrooms, “cesspool” bar bathrooms were excluded out of fairness to campus bathrooms. Now, we’re exploring which restrooms live up to that name and which lovely lavatories rise above.
Send this to a friend