November 2013 THON Fundraisers
Last week we asked readers to fill us in on their upcoming THON fundraisers. Here is your guide to making your November as FTK as your October was. You can still submit your November fundraiser here to be included on this list.
- Sapphire Leadership Program: ManiCURE FTK, November 4-7, 2 p.m.-8 p.m., HUB: Get a ManiCURE for the upcoming canning weekend and polish up your THON spirit! Get your nails done from 2:00-8:00 p.m. in the HUB for $5. All profits go directly to the Sapphire THON organization FTK. You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Pillar: Pillar’s 2nd Annual Date Auction Benefiting Pillar, 7:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m., 112 Walker: Looking for love in all the wrong places? Find that special someone at the Pillar Date Auction. It’s your time to bid on some of Penn State’s celebs. It’s $2 to get in, and just remember to make sure you bring cash so that you can win a date with someone like the Nittany Lion, a THON director, or a football player! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences: Pizza Sale benefiting THON, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m., Deike and Walker Building: Stop by and grab a slice of PaPa Johns Pizza! There will be tables set up in the lobbies of Deike and Walker Building selling pizza to benefit THON! For just $4 you can get two slices and a drink! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Women in Business: All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner Benefiting THON, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Abba Java Cafe: Come out for all the spaghetti,salad, garlic bread and baked goods you can eat for ONLY $5! All proceeds go directly to THON, so come enjoy a delicious meal For The Kids.
- THON Hope Express- Extreme Team Morale: Sparkly Soul for THON Hope Express, November 10-16, online: In celebration of 100 days ’til THON, Sparkly Soul is offering a special deal. For one week only you can get your own Sparkly, no-slip headband for 10% off and your purchase will also result in a 10% donation to THON Hope Express. You have from November 10, 2013 until November 16, 2013 to make a purchase on the Sparkly Soul website here. To get the discount and ensure a donation toward THON Hope express please enter the code “THON” at checkout.
- La Vie: Grub For a Cure, 2 p.m.-4p.m., Chipotle: Make lunch/dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support La Vie, The Penn State Yearbook benefiting THON. Come into the State College Chipotle on Heister & Calder on Thursday, November 14, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., print this flyer and bring it to the store, show it on your smartphone, or tell the cashier and THON will get 50% of the proceeds. You can visit the Facebook event here.
- Atlas: Bake Sale Benefiting THON, 7 p.m.-10 p.m., The Corner Room: Students will bake goods in their own apartment and bring them to a table at College Avenue. Baked goods including brownies, cupcakes and cookies will be available. No pricing – all donations! All proceeds benefit THON.
- Springfield: Springfield Newlywed Game, 6:30 p.m.- 10 p.m., 10 Henderson Building: Grab your best friend, roommate, or significant other and join the Springfield Newlywed Game. Teams of two will compete to see which team knows each other best with a game of fun and silly questions. Registration costs $3 per person ($6 per team) and all proceeds benefit THON. If you’d like to come to cheer on your friends or just for a good laugh, spectator admission costs $1 FTK. To register to compete, please fill out the google form here. You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Penn State Behrend: 24 For a Cure, 12 a.m.-12 a.m., Junker Center, Penn State Behrend Campus: Behrend hosts it’s own 24 hour dance marathon; our students are dancers and moralers. Different organizations on campus bring events and activities for everyone to participate in. There is no cost to come over and visit dancers and participate! You can visit their Facebook page here.
- HEAL and Alpha Zeta: Turkey Dinner Benefitting THON, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Alpha Zeta, 360 N Burrowes St: Alpha Zeta and HEAL have come together to host a Thanksgiving-style Turkey dinner with proceeds benefiting THON 2014. You can dine in OR take-out (to-go boxes will be provided) a delicious Thanksgiving meal for $8! Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mash potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and dessert INCLUDED!!! Bring your friends and enjoy a meal with your family away from home before break and the holidays, the more the merrier! You can visit the Facebook event page here.
- Springfield, Cupcake Combat, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Rotelli: This is a baking competition inspired by, “Cupcake Wars,” that challenges participants to create cupcakes that reflect what “Redefine the Possibilities” means to them. The possibilities are endless! You may register as an individual or as part of a team and there is a registration fee of $10 per team, all proceeds are going to Springfield benefiting THON. You will make your cupcakes in advance and bring them to the big event on Tuesday, November 19th, at 6:00pm at Rotelli Restaurant in downtown State College. Non-competitors are invited to attend for an entry fee of $2 at the door. At the event, guests will be able to vote for their favorite cupcake display, participate in THON trivia for a chance to win awesome prizes, watch live entertainment, and of course, eat lots of cupcakes! To register, please fill out this form. You can also visit the Facebook event page here.
- Zeta Psi: Zeta Psi Spaghetti Dinner Benefitting THON, 4 p.m.-8 p.m., Zeta Psi, 225 E Foster Ave, State College PA, 16801: Everyone come out for an all you can eat pasta dinner for just $5 on Wednesday, November 20, just a few days before Thanksgiving Break. All proceeds will be donated to THON. But there’s a catch… Whichever registered THON Pairing, THON org, or Dancer Pairing sends the most paid members to the event will have 50% of the proceeds credited to their THON Pairing. The other 50% will be credited to Zeta Psi’s THON total. In total, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to THON. You can visit the Facebook page here.
College of Earth and Mineral Sciences: Pizza Sale benefiting THON, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m., Deike and Walker Building: Stop by and grab a slice of PaPa Johns Pizza! There will be tables set up in the lobbies of Deike and Walker Building selling pizza to benefit THON! For just $4 you can get two slices and a drink! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Omega Phi Alpha & Alpha Gamma Rho: Headbands Benefitting THON, online: Headbands of Hope and Headwear of Hope are philanthropies in which for every headband purchased one is given to a girl or boy diagnosed with cancer. This year they want to help benefit THON! For every headband purchased $1 will be donated to THON’s total. In addition, for every headband purchased one headband will be donated to THON for FREE to be distributed among the Four Diamond’s Families. Use the Promo Code: “PSUhope” to receive free shipping and assure your purchase benefits THON! Headbands will be shipped directly to your address! Sale ends February 7th! You can visit the Facebook event here, the headbands website here, and the headwear website here.
- AYUDA Benefitting THON: Clips for a Cure, HUB and online: Sport your favorite Committee name or favorite organization (including sororities!!) AYUDA Benefitting THON is selling these clips and headbands that are perfect for every THON event! Get them now before Committee Orientations and to show your THON spirit all year long! Both clips and headbands will be $3 each and all of the money goes straight For The Kids! To order, come see our table in the HUB on October 18th, 24th, 25th, 28th and 29th OR email Alyssa at [email protected] We can do any combination of colors! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Atlas: Photo Prints Benefiting THON, online: Atlas will be selling photograph prints taken by Atlas’ administration chair, Rachel Rothstein, on the website Etsy. All photographs have only been taken by an Atlas member and Atlas has been granted permission to use them for fundraising sales. Photographs will be printed and shipped to customers. Customers will pay for print and shipping. All of the money made from each photograph sold will benefit THON. You can visit the Etsy site here.
- Alpha Sigma Alpha: Mascara Marathon, Cooper Hall: Alpha Sigma Alpha will be holding a Mascara Marathon in hopes to raise money for THON. 33% of the proceeds from each mascara sold will be donated towards THON. Each Mascara is $15. The mascara is being ordered from the popular reliable brand Mary Kay. Email [email protected] for an order form!
- Ally Zimmerman and Alexa Abrams (Independent Dancer Couple): State Shades benefiting THON, HUB and online: We will be selling State Shades in the HUB and online via Google Doc (on-going throughout the year). All styles will be available that you can see on the State Shades website here. 20% of ALL proceeds will benefit THON and go towards helping Alexa and I dance in THON 2014! They’re great for THON Weekend, Canning, or being spirited at Penn State sporting events! If you’d like to place a larger order for your Committee/Organization, please reach out to us! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Jennifer Santangelo and Christine Kutys (independent dancer couple): Yankee Candle Sale Benefiting THON, online: Love Yankee Candles? Want to help kids fight cancer? Great News! Now you can do both with our Yankee Candle Sale Benefiting THON! To choose from a variety of Yankee Candle merchandise, go to the Yankee Candle website here. In the bottom right corner where it says “Enter your group number” type in 990058224 and click start shopping! 40% of all retail sales will go directly to Penn State’s THON benefiting children and families affected by pediatric cancer. All orders are due by Nov. 17. This means that all purchases are promised to be delivered before Christmas, making it an excellent gift for people of all ages!
- HEAL: Bows Benefitting THON, online: Bows Benefitting THON is a fundraiser held by HEAL. You can go to our facebook page and order a bow. You can choose between one or two colors, clip or hair tie. The bows are $4 and all proceeds benefit THON. They’re perfect for football games, THON events with your org or committee or just to have! This is an ongoing fundraiser up until a couple weeks before THON! You can visit the Facebook page here.
- Springfield: Hair Bows By Springfield Benefiting THON, online: Want cute bows for THON events, your THON committee, football games, clubs, holidays, or other special occasions? Order them today through Springfield, and 100% of the proceeds will benefit THON! Orders can be made for single bows or for mass orders (such as for THON committees!). Prices range between $3-6 based on patterns and sizes of the bows. If you would like to place an order, please email [email protected] and make the subject “Springfield Bows.” Check out the Facebook page here for more details and bow options!