10 Ways to Have Fun at a Party Without Drinking
The end of the week finally rolls around, everyone’s ready to RAGE and you’re just, well, not. For whatever reason, you’ve decided to lay off the Vlad and Natty Lights this weekend. Good for you. You still want to go out with your friends, but is it even possible to have fun at a party without drinking? You bet it is! Here are 10 ways to enjoy yourself amidst the drunken revelry.
1. First off, fake it. Sure, we all took D.A.R.E. and Officer Matt taught us how to say no to peer pressure. They seemed to have left out the part that turning down your friends pleas and taunts 20 times in a row gets tiresome. So hold a cup in your hand and sip on water, chaser, air, whatever.
2. Make friends. You’re at the party, “drink” in hand, now it’s time to mingle. Here’s your chance to have a meaningful conversation with someone you don’t know. Here’s also your chance to have a hilarious conversation with someone passionately trying to convince you that aliens are real. Either way you’re sure to meet some interesting people in one way or another.
3. Play games. Usually no good at flip cup or beer pong?Fun fact: alcohol impairs your judgment and now this is your chance to wipe the floor with these drunkards. Everyone will be so impressed by your skills and there’s nothing better than adoring fans.
4. Observe. Drunk people are funny.
5. Treasure hunt. There’s nothing like a souvenir to remember your night. While I DO NOT condone stealing, what’s wrong with borrowing a roll of toilet paper or two? And that dinosaur poster on the wall is pretty sweet…
6. Fulfill your dreams. If you always wanted to be British, but you were unfortunately born in Maryland, here’s your chance to try on the accent. Or maybe you always wanted to be an Olympic gymnast, a musician, even a unicorn. Break out your best acting skills and most convincing lies, your gullible audience awaits.
7. Drunk food… sober?! I kid you not, all your late night favorites still exist whether or not you’re intoxicated and some are actually pretty good. Now you can genuinely enjoy them and still keep it down the next morning. Maybe you can even convince your friends to pay for you? Free food!
8. Make your own fun. Referring back to #4, there’s no lack in entertainment around you. Don’t stand around being awkward, immerse yourself in the party. But if you’re feeling like a total wallflower, here are some fun games you can play by yourself:
- I Spy (the freshman)
- Guess Who? (puked in the sink)
- Pin the Tail on the stoner
- Dodgeball: drunken idiot edition
9. Collect blackmail. Your friends are out having fun and hopefully at this point you’re having fun too. If you end up being the responsible one for the night, know that this just means they’ll repay the favor soon. Plus now that you have the clarity of sobriety, feel free to document their embarrassing shenanigans to hold onto for a rainy day.
10. Feel like a rock star. Not only will you feel great all night and be able to get snuggled up in bed whenever you want, but you’ll wake up with no hangover, no regrets, and no doubts about going out sober again. You did it! You survived a party with zero alcohol, now you can take on the world! Or at least that 8 a.m.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Garcia is the first known Penn State student to die after contracting the virus.
“We will no longer sit back and watch as the university continues to disrespect and misuse its BIPOC students.”
Send this to a friend