Eight Ways To Take Advantage of Nice Weather Before It’s Too Late
Knowing State College weather, it could be 30 degrees and snowing in the blink of an eye. So, while the calendar is still in September, we recommend that you take every advantage you can of the current conditions — you know, before you have to wear three coats to class every morning. Here are eight ways to make sure you aren’t wasting your time with the mild weather as it days before fall start to dwindle.
1. Walk everywhere. Avoid taking the bus until you have to. Keep in mind that, while our campus is always beautiful, it doesn’t stay this green all year.
2. Put your summer clothes to use while it’s still summer. Although it may be dropping into the fifties at night, don’t let your shorts just take up space in your closet.
3. Hike Mt. Nittany. Although a staple on almost every Penn Stater’s bucket list, if you’ve lacked the motivation to do it for yourself, the National Residence Hall Honorary and Association of Residence Hall Students is sponsoring a hike on Sept. 21 to benefit the Centre County Make-A-Wish Foundation.
4. Have a picnic. There are countless spots!
5. Explore the newest addition to the Arboretum.
6. Visit the Downtown Farmers Market. They run on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and have stuff you won’t find anywhere else in town.
7. Take advantage of the recreational equipment the Commons desks have available to rent. Borrow a volleyball and hit the East beach. If that doesn’t suit your fancy, the IM Building has all sorts of new recreational areas.
8. Stop and smell the roses. And last but not least, the easiest way to take advantage of the nice weather is to simply enjoy it! Take a moment (or a picture, to make all your friends from home jealous) to enjoy our beautiful campus. Just about everywhere you look, things are in bloom, alive and totally picturesque.
Get out and enjoy the weather before everyone starts to feel under the weather! And don’t put off taking advantage of the soon-to-be-scarce sunshine for too long; based on average temperatures, it will reach freezing temperatures at night time by the end of the month.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
The last time Onward State power ranked bathrooms, “cesspool” bar bathrooms were excluded out of fairness to campus bathrooms. Now, we’re exploring which restrooms live up to that name and which lovely lavatories rise above.
Send this to a friend