Campus Explosion Leaves One Injured
A student was taken to the hospital on Wednesday evening after an explosion occurred in a biological hood on campus. First reported by the Centre Daily Times, a propane tank exploded in a lab at the Agricultural and Biological Engineering Building at around 5:30 p.m resulting in second-degree burns to the victim.
According to Penn State spokeswoman Lisa Powers, the explosion occurred while the student was doing tissue culture. University Park Police said that they are currently investigating the explosion.
The building is located on the west side of Shortlidge Road directly between North Halls and Borland. The building was closed for a short time, but is now re-opened.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
For more than a decade, the Penn State Bakery has provided the Nittany Lion Inn with a massive, display-only gingerbread house during the holidays. This year’s design features about 50 pounds of dough and 100 pounds of icing.
Current Penn State students have been blessed with dozens of visiting artists — from SPA’s slate of free performers, to the BJC’s big names, and Movin’ On’s annual festival lineup.
Send this to a friend