Movin’ On Releases Application for 2015 Battle of the Bands Competition
Starting Feb. 1, student bands can apply for the chance to perform in the 2015 Movin’ On Battle of the Bands competition. The event allows musicians to fight for the opening act spot in Penn State’s 40th annual springtime music festival. All hopefuls should meet the following requirements:
- All bands MUST contain at least one member who is a Penn State University Park Student.
- All bands MUST be able to perform a 15-minute set containing only original songs.
- All bands MUST submit original music samples with their application.
- No members of the Movin’ On Core or Executive Committee may participate in Battle of the Bands (or at Movin’ On).
- Musicians may only participate in ONE band.
- All musical genres are welcome, including but not limited to rock bands, alternative bands, pop acts, acoustic acts, solo acts, DJs, and rappers.
Applications are available on the festival’s website and can be turned in to [email protected] until Feb. 28 at 5 pm. This year’s battle will take place March 21 at 8 p.m. in the HUB’s Alumni Hall. Movin’ On 2015 will take place on May 1, moving back to its usual spot on the Friday before finals.
Last year’s winners, Lenina Crowne, opened for Wiz Khalifa, Fitz and the Tantrums, Aloe Blacc, Sky Ferreira, and Air Dubai. A recap of Lenina Crowne’s experience at the 2014 festival can be found here.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers?
“As we work together to make the impact as least disruptive as possible to our students and employees, we strongly urge Congress and the president to end this impasse.”
Send this to a friend