The Official Penn State vs. Michigan State Drinking Game
The worst thing about away football games is just that: They’re away.
Penn State football is in East Lansing today for a date with the No. 5 Michigan State Spartans. Our staff predicted heavily against the Nittany Lions, so bookmark the official Penn State vs. Michigan State Drinking Game to reference early and often.
- If Connor Cook starts, drink in sorrow for Penn State’s secondary. And if Nassib plays, pour one out for Michigan State’s quarterback.
- If you or someone you’re watching with gets sentimental about this being the last regular season game for seniors and select other players, drink in their honor.
- If any footage from old Penn State vs. Michigan State games is shown, drink your Joe Paterno Legacy Series beer.
- If the announcers say Penn State is trying to play spoiler, drink in anticipation of what could (but likely will not) happen.
- At any mention or sight of the Land Grant Trophy, take a shot in its glory or in its hideousness, depending on how you feel.
- Finally, for each degree Fahrenheit at kickoff, drink for half a second.
- If the Nittany Lion and Sparty interact with each other, sit back and drink because you don’t have to do any push-ups.
- Drink at the start of every redzone trip, drink more when it results in nothing.
- Alternatively, try this fun mini-game: guess what play Penn State will run in the redzone, and if you’re wrong, drink. It shouldn’t be too hard.
- Take a shot for every rare tight end catch, and a small sip for the too-common Wildcat formation.
- Drink for one second per yard short of the endzone that a kickoff goes.
- If Sparty’s kicker, Michael Geiger, repeats his windmill celebration, finish your drink.
- If Hackenberg becomes Penn State’s all-time leader in touchdown passes (he’s tied with Matt McGloin right now), shotgun your beer in honor of a Penn State legend.
- If Penn State can’t pull off the win, have a good rest of your night. And if Penn State pulls off the impossible upset, have a great one.
Enjoy the game! And drink responsibly, you bunch of drunks.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
With no canning weekends held this year and canvassing eventually suspended as well, this year’s total is a testament to how committed THON volunteers truly are.
Totals aside, congratulations to every organization that volunteered with THON throughout this year to raise more than $10 million for the kids.
Send this to a friend