PSU news by
Penn State's student blog

Topics

About

UPUA Votes To Support Including ‘Learning Goals And Outcome’ On Course Syllabi

UPUA passed just one piece of legislation last night at its weekly meeting, voting unanimously to support including “learning goals and outcome” on course syllabi. The assembly will recommend the Faculty Senate implement this change in its Policy 43-00 on what instructors must include in their syllabi.

The Canvas Project Management Team presented to the assembly to kick off the meeting, asking for student feedback on Canvas. The team explained about 75 percent of course sections are currently using Canvas, while the other 25 percent are still housed on Angel.

President Terry Ford reported the Student Fee Board met for the second time Friday and voted to approve a fee allocation for Counseling and Psychological Services. “I’m proud to announce to all of you that the Student Fee Board has approved an allocation to CAPS from the student fee of over $800,000 last year,” Ford said.

Ford also mentioned a meeting between UPUA’s Steering Committee and Vice President for Student Affairs Damon Sims, which included a discussion on the new Greek social regulations released Friday. “He is working hard to make sure that everybody can find a middle ground on this issue,” he said.

Students will also present to Board of Trustees at committee meetings today, including a student diversity panel and a discussion on why the current IT fee should be rolled into tuition instead of student fees.

Borough Representative Morgon Goranson discussed a meeting next week with Assistant Borough Manager Tom King where representatives from UPUA, the Interfraternity Council, and other student groups will have the chance to provide input on the Borough’s party registration ordinance before anything is finalized or presented to Council. An official ordinance will likely be presented to Council before the end of the semester.

The meeting adjourned at 9:04 p.m. UPUA’s 11th Assembly has just three meetings left to complete its initiatives before the next assembly takes office.

Comments for the Good of the Readers: Borough Representative Morgon Goranson has officially secured a seat closer to where the actual Borough Council sits (as opposed to his current location in the back corner). Maybe students really are making progress toward sitting at the adult table for Thanksgiving.

About the Author

Elissa Hill

Elissa is a junior public relations major and the managing editor of Onward State. She is from Punxsutawney, PA [insert corny Bill Murray joke here] and considers herself an expert on all things ice cream. Send questions and comments via e-mail ([email protected]) and follow her on Twitter (@ElissaKHill) for more corny jokes.

Comments

More by Elissa

Penn State Approved For Medical Marijuana Clinical Research

“The research component of Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program sets it apart from the rest of the nation.”

Tim McGraw’s Brother Among Class Of 2018

Literal Dumpster Fire Lit Outside Sig Ep

Athletics

Penn State Women’s Volleyball Releases 2018 Schedule

Russ Rose’s Nittany Lions won’t play a single home match in September, electing to test themselves against teams like Stanford and Oregon early in the season.

Penn State Hoops Alumnus Joonas Suotamo’s Journey To Becoming Chewbacca Featured On ESPN’s ‘E:60’

Evaluating Tony Carr’s Performance At The 2018 NBA Draft Combine

Penn State Hockey Commit Evan Bell Wins Clark Cup With USHL’s Fargo Force

Center Ludvig Larsson Transfers To Penn State Hockey From Merrimack

Student Life

Penn State Esports Wins Tespa Collegiate Hearthstone Championship

With two Penn State Esport teams in the top eight, the odds of winning the National Championship were ever in our favor.

Road And Utility Work Impacting Penn State This Summer

Where Do Penn Staters Move After Graduation?

Plans Submitted For New KFC In State College

Developers have submitted preliminary land development plans to build a new KFC restaurant at 1780 S. Atherton St. in State College.

Predicting Penn State’s 2018 Kickoff Times

As the Nittany Lions have ascended back into college football’s elite, they’ve taken the field at night more often in the past few years and avoided the dreaded early kickoff.

We Are Royalty: Meghan Markle Is A Penn State Fan

Penn State fans are everywhere, even in the British royal family.

Be the first to know

  • Top posts and the best Penn State stories

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

Penn State Esports Wins Tespa Collegiate Hearthstone Championship

With two Penn State Esport teams in the top eight, the odds of winning the National Championship were ever in our favor.

Send this to a friend