The Official Penn State vs. Northwestern Drinking Game
Another football weekend is upon us, Penn State fans!
The Nittany Lions head west to Evanston, IL for a clash with the Northwestern Wildcats. James Franklin’s sqaud has lost its last two meeting’s to the school from just outside of Chicago, but it is primed for a different result on Saturday — hoping to move to 6-0 for the first time since 2008.
As we await potential history, play along with a game of our own — the official drinking game for this clash. Here are the rules:
- Crack open your Saturday morning beer to get started before this noon kickoff. It’s football season, you’re allowed to drink in the a.m. hours.
- Take a drink for every 1,000 fans at Ryan Field (editor’s note: you probably won’t finish your beer.
- If you hear the name Gillikin or Fessler in reference to a player who’s certainly not on Penn State, take a drink and know you’re not going crazy.
- If you see a portion of the stadium whited out, pound the White Out button (and also the rest of your beer).
- Drink if the special teams comes away with yet another touchdown.
- If the field goal unit continues its struggles, take a long sip and pretend not to be worried about the rest of the season for Tyler Davis and Co.
- If Jack-of-all-trades Saquon Barkley is sent on to help solve the team’s kicking struggles and take a field goal, do a shot and just give him the damn Heisman already.
- If the game gets down to the wire and James Franklin suddenly forgets how to use his timeouts again, chug and hope for the best.
- If Penn State wins, finish your drink and celebrate the bowl eligibility the Nittany Lions had to wait well into November to secure just a couple years ago.
- If Penn State loses, finish your drink and start focusing on Michigan and Ohio State — it’s going to be a long road ahead.
Enjoy the game and drink responsibly!