Penn State Student Dies Of Allergic Reaction To Peanuts
Penn State student Max McGlinchey passed away June 23 due to anaphylaxis to peanut exposure in his hometown of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He had recently finished his freshman year studying finance.
Max had a severe peanut allergy since birth, and on June 22 ate at a Chinese restaurant that did not disclose its use of peanut oil, according to his sister Chloé on a GoFundMe page created in Max’s memory.
After his allergic reaction began, he self-administered two EpiPens. When he became unresponsive, 911 was called and his father began CPR. EMS arrived and continued CPR on the way to the hospital, where Max was placed on a ventilator.
“The hospital staff did everything they could to save him but Max did not make it through,” Chloé wrote. The page to date has raised more than $4,000 of its $20,000 goal.
Our condolences go out to Max’s family and friends during this difficult time.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
It’s unlikely that the Illinois defense can handle the firepower of Trace McSorley, Miles Sanders, and a receivers group that seems to be improving each week.
Penn State’s gameday experience tops those at Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State? Sounds about right.
Send this to a friend