The Official Penn State-Indiana Drinking Game
Football is finally BACK, baby! But as we’ll soon find out, so is that oh-so-familiar Penn State sports anxiety. Luckily, nature gave us a little something called alcohol to calm our nerves.
The No. 8 Nittany Lions will travel to Bloomington to take on Indiana in the long-anticipated first game of the 2020 season. Although Penn State boasts a 22-1 all-time record against the Hoosiers, they’ve certainly given the Nittany Lions a fair share of close calls over the years. Penn State squeaked out a close victory when the two met at Beaver Stadium last year.
After a long offseason of uncertainty and unanswered questions, it’s hard to predict exactly what we’ll see on the gridiron Saturday. If things get too close for comfort, here’s a guide to help you through the afternoon.
- Take a sip every time the broadcast uses the word “unprecedented.” Take a long sip if they use “in these unprecedented times.”
- Take a shot for every wide shot of the empty stadium.
- Take a sip for every person on the sideline without a mask on.
- Finish your drink if the broadcast plays Micah Parsons highlights.
- Take a sip if a cardboard cutout of a famous person appears on your screen.
- Enjoy a long, long sip if any player gets hurt.
- Take a sip for every dropped pass or missed tackle. The offseason’s been weird, it’s bound to happen!
- Shotgun a beer if they reminisce on the days before the coronavirus
- Finish your drink if the announcers pronounce “Penix Jr.” as “Pee-nix Jr.”
- Take a sip if James Franklin pulls down his mask to yell at his players
- If Penn State loses, consume all alcohol within your reach. It’s gonna be a long season.
- Hell, consume all alcohol within your reach if Penn State wins, too. You deserve it, it’s been a long time coming.
Enjoy football being back and drink within your limits (and within CDC guidelines), Penn Staters!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“To any current underclassmen reading this: learn the fight song, cheer loud, and tailgate early. You’re lucky to be a Nittany Lion.”
“Do you guys like Teen Beach Movie?”
‘We’re Failures From This Week If We Don’t Get Better From It’: Penn State Hoops Aiming For Improvement Amid Three-Game Skid
The Nittany Lions went 0-3 in the ESPN Events Invitational over Thanksgiving break, finishing in last place.