Gameday Coverage: No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 22 Auburn
Ain’t this what they’ve been waitin’ for?
The No. 22 Auburn Tigers are coming to Happy Valley to take on the No. 10 Nittany Lions in the long-awaited return of the glorious White Out. Both teams have lots to prove in this one. Auburn is walking into its first real test of the season, while Penn State is hoping to enter the national conversation for the Big Ten crown.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Penn State’s biggest home game of the year.
It’s time for prime time, baby. This game is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. on ABC. Iconic college football broadcasters Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit are set to be on the call for this one, while Holly Rowe will provide sideline coverage.
ESPN’s College GameDay will also go live from Old Main’s lawn at 9 a.m.
Penn State Sports Network — Steve Jones, Jack Ham, and Brian Tripp
Local: 99.5 & 103.7 FM/1450 AM, Sirius/XM/Internet: 136/84/965
Nobody jinx it, but it might be close to a perfect evening to watch a Penn State football game Saturday. It’s looking like it’ll be in the low-70s near kick-off, with temperatures dipping into the high-60s as the game progresses.
While it may drizzle during peak tailgate hours, there’s no rain in the forecast during the game, according to Accuweather. Expect an elevated 77% humidity and 66-degree dew point. Wind gusts won’t get above 10 mph.
This is only the third meeting between these two teams, who have split the series 1-1. Penn State and Auburn have never met in the regular season.
Regular-season matchups between Big Ten and SEC teams are quite rare. This is the Tigers’ first Big Ten road trip since 1931 and only the third time *ever* a ranked SEC team has visited a ranked Big Ten team.
Since Penn State typically only reports season-ending injuries, we only know that defensive end Adisa Isaac will miss Saturday’s matchup. He sustained an injury over the offseason and likely won’t be healthy during the 2021 season.
Keaton Ellis, Hakeem Beamon, and John Lovett remained unavailable against Ball State. We still haven’t gotten clarification from James Franklin on their status.
Safety Tyler Rudolph will miss the first half of the game due to a targeting ejection in the second half of the Ball State game.
Regarding the coronavirus, we won’t know until kickoff if anyone has tested positive.
Penn State is a five-point favorite against Auburn, according to Oddsshark. The points total is set at 53 and last week Penn State and Ball State went one point under. Both teams are undefeated against the spread this season.
Onward State will have you covered throughout today’s game. You can find big plays, photos, analysis, and more on our main @OnwardState Twitter account and Facebook page, and we’ll also provide play-by-play commentary from @OnwardStSports.
- Penn State’s Post-Ball State Report Card
- Adam Taliaferro Named Honorary Captain For Penn State-Auburn
- Analyzing Post-Ball State Reactions For Penn State Football
- James Franklin Apparently A Candidate For USC Head Coaching Job…Again
- Auburn Fans Don’t Understand James Franklin’s ‘1-0’ Tweets
- College GameDay Crew Arrives In Happy Valley
- Brisker, Brown Headline Strong Lackawanna Pipeline For Penn State Football
- Penn State’s White Out By The Numbers
- Shakers, Standing, & Safety: A Refresher On Beaver Stadium Etiquette
- Sean Clifford, Penn State Offense Expecting Positive Growth To Continue Entering White Out
- An Ode To College GameDay In Happy Valley
- Chris Fowler: Penn State White Out ‘A Stroke Of Genius’
- Staff Predictions: No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 22 Auburn
- Penn State Football’s White Out Fuels Recruiting Surge
- James Franklin: Adam Taliaferro A ‘Great Example Of Perseverance’
- Staff Picks: College GameDay’s 2021 Guest Picker
- Previewing The Enemy: Auburn Tigers
- Kirk Herbstreit Expecting ‘Electric’ Atmosphere In White Out’s Return
- Rece Davis: Happy Valley The ‘Place To Be’ This Weekend
- The Official Penn State-Auburn Drinking Game
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
We dance in 275, Penn State!
We dance in 275, Penn State!
Underwood is bringing her “The Denim & Rhinestones” tour to Happy Valley next spring.
“Jana Marie Foundation harnesses the power of creative expression and dialogue to spark conversations, build connections, and promote mental well-being among young people and their communities.”