Movin’ On’s Battle Of The Bands Returns April 10
Penn State’s Movin’ On music festival will once again host its annual Battle of the Bands event on Sunday, April 10. The year’s competition will begin at 6 p.m. in Alumni Hall in the HUB.
The event, now known simply as “Battle,” will host seven acts that will compete for the opportunity to open for Movin’ On’s end-of-semester music festival on April 29. This year’s headliners include Jack Harlow, Aminé, and Fitz & The Tantrums.
Before you head over to watch them compete, read up on this year’s slate of bands below:
- The Women’s National Hockey League band hails from New York City as a self-described “post-mom rock” band. The State College natives have been together since 2019. The group’s debut EP, “We’re Young, We’re Hot, We’re Best Friends”, is out now.
- Eric Damiano is a senior at Penn State who has amassed more than a million likes and streams on Spotify and TikTok. He will perform with the popular State College band My Hero Zero.
- The Willard Building band, named after Penn State’s iconic lecture hall, was formed by students Eugene Ryoo, Ryan Keating, and Grant Cheung. The name was inspired by the band
breaking intousing Willard classrooms to practice.
- Dogwood Company is an indie-alternative rock band from State College. The trio performs at bars and restaurants across the State College area and specializes in instrumental, alternative, and classic rock covers.
- Mellow Honey is a trio specializing in smooth rock music. The band is known for playing around the downtown State College area.
- Max Maslow is a student and New York native who’s keen on creating upbeat tunes. He started his career by posting on SoundCloud and has gained popularity by performing at campus and downtown events.
- Short and sweet, Leg blends electronic sounds and hip hop to create one-of-a-kind music. The band produces “musical adventures” for all types of people to explore.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Nittany Lions old and new have received new jersey numbers ahead of the 2022 season.