Penn State Football 2023 Season Prop Bets
Are you ready…for Penn State football?!
While there are many promising future bets to place on nearly every sportsbook surrounding the Nittany Lions’ win total and even Drew Allar’s Heisman odds, our “book” wanted to take the stakes up a notch.
To keep the season-long race interesting, we developed a few highly calculated prop bets to keep track of throughout the campaign.
For those not familiar with prop bets, Onward State co-founder Evan Kalikow put it best: “A prop bet is short for proposition bet. Basically, it’s a bet on something not commonly betted upon. For example, lots of people bet on the score of the Super Bowl, but how many people bet on how many times the winning coach will say ‘humbled’ in the post-game press conference? That’s a prop bet.”
It’s important to note, however, Onward State is NOT a gambling site, and none of these bets are real whatsoever. We don’t encourage or promote gambling, but we do encourage having fun.
- A group of freshmen drop the Nittany Lion after chanting “We want the Lion!” during the home opener: 8-1
- Students attempt to burn a couch on Beaver Avenue after the West Virginia game: 15-1
- The back of the student section erupts into “We want Beau!” chants after presumed starting quarterback Drew Allar throws his first career interception: 12-1
- James Franklin “gives credit to the opposing team” in his opening statement following every regular season matchup: 2-1
- Both Nick Singleton and Kaytron Allen rush for over 1,000 yards: 10-1
- Someone in your row asks, “What happened to the old PA announcer?” as Joe Putnam and Rodney Martin are set to replace Dean DeVore: 3-1
- College GameDay returns to Happy Valley after taking a one-year hiatus: 6-1
- Mike Yurcich puts a Zyn in his lip on the sideline: 80-1
- Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino makes an appearance at the White Out: 40-1
- An older fan in the stands compares Abdul Carter’s playstyle to LaVar Arrington’s: 5-1
- The Beaver Stadium DJ trolls Michigan by playing “Pump It Up” after Penn State (possibly) upsets the Wolverines: 9-1
- A new “LawnBoyz” chain is unveiled after the first touchdown of the season by the running backs: 12-1
- People who ask “Is the Helmet Stripe theme new?”: 25,000
- Number of times students joke about Sean Clifford’s return when Jaxon Smolik runs out of the tunnel: 75
- Number of times Kirk Herbstreit mentions he misses calling games in Beaver Stadium in light of the Big Ten’s new media rights deal: 5.5
- Tweets demanding the implementation of a full back: 100
- Number of different “We Are!” jumbotron promos played during media timeouts: 7.5
- People who question James Franklin’s ability to “win the big game” if Penn State loses to both Ohio State and Michigan: 107,000
- Amount of one-armed pushups done by the Nittany Lions throughout the regular season: 420
- Number of NIL sponsorships shown throughout Beaver Stadium on gamedays: 7.5
- Number of times CBS color commentator Gary Danielson wows over the White Out while on the call: 9.5
- Players who opt out of Penn State’s bowl matchup: 2.5
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“You’re the only position that can’t mess up. Even if it’s a bad snap, you have to come back and have a perfect one the next time.”
Ahmed Alqubaisi was charged with third-degree felony homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, and recklessly endangering another person.
To help assist the Pond Placement Committee, we compiled a few areas where we think a nice, thick pond would look lovely on campus.