Gameday Coverage: No. 7 Penn State vs. No. 24 Iowa
It’s time for the White Out, folks.
No. 7 Penn State will face No. 24 Iowa in a clash between two undefeated teams on Saturday night at Beaver Stadium. Last week, the Nittany Lions defeated Illinois 30-13 in their Big Ten opener in Champaign, Illinois, while the Hawkeyes defeated Western Michigan 41-10.
Whether you’ll be watching from Beaver Stadium or somewhere else, there will be plenty of ways to follow the prime-time action on the field.
CBS will broadcast its first game at Beaver Stadium since 1990 on Saturday night. The Nittany Lions most recently played in a CBS-televised game at Auburn last season, winning 41-12. Brad Nessler will handle play-by-play duties, while Gary Danielson will be the color commentator. Meanwhile, Jenny Dell will provide coverage from the sidelines.
Penn State Sports Network — Steve Jones, Jack Ham, and Brian Tripp
Local: 99.5 & 103.7 FM/1450 AM, Sirius/XM/Internet: 204/98/967
According to Accuweather, there’s a 70% chance of precipitation with temperatures expected to be in the high 40s and low 50s on Saturday evening, with wind gusts of 14 mph. However, conditions may be dry if the tropical storm moves east.
Penn State lost its last meeting with Iowa 23-20 at Kinnick Stadium in October 2021. However, the Nittany Lions lead the all-time series 17-14.
Smith Vilbert and Alonzo Ford are out for the season, while Landon Tengwall announced his retirement from football ahead of week one. Wide receivers Malick Meiga and Harrison Wallace III missed last week’s game, and it’s unclear if they’ll be back this week. However, James Franklin hinted the latter might be healthy enough this week. Daequan Hardy, Amin Vanover, and Coziah Izzard all returned last week after being listed as out for the first two games of the season.
Penn State is currently a 14.5-point favorite, and the over/under is set at 40.5 points, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Kaden Saunders Emerging As Versatile Asset For Penn State Football
- No. 7 Penn State Football Opens As 14.5-Point Favorite Against Iowa
- Trace McSorley & Grant Haley To Serve As Honorary Team Captains Against Iowa
- Hostile Rivalry Between Penn State & Iowa Returns To Beaver Stadium
- ‘It Gives You Chills’: Penn State Football’s Dom DeLuca Living Dream Ahead Of White Out
- Penn State Football’s Offense Aiming To Bounce Back In White Out Showcase Against Iowa
- ‘We’ve Got To Get Those Guys Touches’: Spreading The Ball Around Key To Penn State Football’s Offensive Strategy
- Analyzing Post-Illinois Reactions For Penn State Football
- Penn State’s Post-Illinois Report Card
- No. 7 Penn State Defeats Illinois 30-13
- Penn State Football Catches Penalty Bug Against Illinois
- Penn State Defense Proves Itself Against Illinois
- [Photo Story] Penn State vs. Illinois
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
When paired with the Thespian Society by Penn State THON, the world changed for Theresa Illicete.
In their first overtime play of the season, the Lady Lions fell just short of a conference upset.
The Nittany Lions collected four pins and four other bonus point victories.