Your Official Penn State-Maryland Drinking Game
It’s officially November, folks!
You know what that means — it’s basically the holiday season. And, all we want for Christmas is another win from the fellas in blue and white.
After last weekend’s win against the Indiana Hoosiers in Beaver Stadium, the Nittany Lions hit the road once again to face the Maryland
Pond Turtles Terrapins.
Luckily for us, Penn Staters, an away game means we get to snuggle up in a bar, frat, or, of course, our humble abodes, which is perfect for students and State College folks, given the change in weather over the week.
So, grab as many brews as you can, and let’s get into this week’s drinking game.
- To kick things off, start off your day by swinging down a shot. This is only the beginning.
- Take a drink with the fam if you went home this weekend.
- Take a shot if you waited over an hour to get into a bar. You deserve it!
- Chug for three seconds every time someone says “turtle soup.”
- Have a sip every time a Penn Stater is shown on the big screen. Take another if they’re wearing blue or white. It’s just another day at Beaver Stadium South.
- If you hear Christmas music wherever you’re watching, treat yourself to a shot. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
- Take a sip for the “I love turtles” guy because why not?
- Take a shot when Beau Pribula gets put into the game. #SecondStringLove
- Swing back another if he throws an interception shortly after.
- Take a sip if you see the Big Uglies on TV. Gotta love ’em.
- Take a sip every time you see the Big Ten commercial. Take an extra sip when they show Penn State.
- Finish your drink if this game is tied going into the fourth quarter. Let’s manifest this doesn’t happen.
- Take a sip for every time Maryland gets a penalty. #SaveTheTurtles
- Every time they show the Blue Band, take a sip and cheer along.
- Every timeout, take the opportunity to take a few sips.
- Take a hefty sip for every Nick Singleton replay shown on the screen. Take another if it’s slow-mo.
- If we win, take a fireball shot and keep the drinking going all night!
- If you lose, you know what to do (cry yourself to sleep and/or drink the pain away).
Happy drinking, Penn Staters! Remember to stay safe and drink responsibly.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Diaz served at the helm of Penn State’s defense from 2022 to 2023.
There were a lot of Penn State fans who took to Twitter when Manny Diaz’s departure was announced. The consensus? They’ll miss him.
Diaz led the Nittany Lions to a No. 1 total defense ranking with 3.91 yards per play.