The Three-Quarter Turn: Moving Picture Show
The Three-Quarter Turn is an exciting, popular feature here at Onward State. Named after the signature Blue Band Pregame 270 degree right hand turn technique, this segment will report on what the Blue Band is bringing to Beaver Stadium and Penn State every week. From performance schedules to half-time show themes to special news coverage, The Three-Quarter Turn has got you covered.
This week, the Blue Band is showing Beaver Stadium what marching bands brought to the field back in the 60’s and 70’s. The popular moving picture show format features recognizable animations on the field.
Since the Eastern Illinois game is yet another noon kickoff, the Blue Band is going to be up early again. This also means that the performance schedule will remain largely the same as the past two games. Check out the timetable:
- 7:00- Blue Band Rehearsal begins on the practice field on Services Road. Extra points go to tailgaters who arrive early enough to see the Blue Band run through their Pregame and halftime shows.
- 9:35- The Blue Band parades down University Drive to the Bryce Jordan Center in preparation for TailGreat. Be sure to watch the world famous Blue Band parade dance and listen for the Fight Song Medley. You can view the parade route here.
- 10:00- Blue Band performs at TailGreat in the Bryce Jordan Center. Expect to hear Blue Band standards from the Pregame show and highlights from the halftime show.
- 11:00- The Blue Band Parades down Curtin Road to Beaver Stadium. If you are in the Stadium already, check out the band from the outside railings of the stadium as they disappear into the depths of the Beav.
- 11:45(ish)- The Blue Band takes the field for the world famous Pregame Show. Drum Major Matt Sabo will make both of his flips. The crowd will go wild.
- Halftime- This week’s show features hits from popular movies. Arrangements from Batman, Rocky, Back to the Future, Star Wars and Superman will be heard throughout the Stadium. Look for the special themed animations on the field.
- Final Score- Penn State Nittany Lions 56, Eastern Illinois Panthers 3.
- 12:00-4:00(ish)- At the end of the game, the Blue Band will take the field for a postgame show. Be sure to move over to the alumni side of the stadium so you can hear the band well. The Band will perform songs from their halftime show as well as the traditional “Lion Special” arrangement of Penn State Fight Songs. Also stick around for the Drumline performance. It is a real treat to see the heart of the Blue Band perform alone.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Tim’s Law,” the Timothy J. Piazza Anti-Hazing Law, was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate Monday. The legislation is named after Tim Piazza, who died following a hazing ritual at the on-campus Beta Theta Pi fraternity house in February 2017. Now that it’s been passed by both Pennsylvania’s Senate and House of Representatives, the bill will move […]
“I’ll have a scarlet kidney but a heart that beats blue and white.”
Send this to a friend