The Presidential Leadership Academy (Might) Want You!
Are you a rising sophomore (i.e after this semester you will be a sophomore)? Are you attending University Park currently? Do you wish to become a better leader? Then the Presidential Leadership Academy is for you!
The program itself is 3 years long and accepts only 30 applicants from each class. The Academy aims to prepare students to make difficult choices and to welcome diversity and consider multiple interpretations of a given situation. It will also teach the importance of attire, decorum and personal character.
Some cool stuff that goes on in the Academy:
- Taking a one -credit seminar led by Graham Spanier!
- Taking a three -credit course which emphasizes critical thinking
- Participating in at least three field experiences which are planned annually by the Academy to give students broader perspective on social and political issues.
Applications are either done through a nomination by Penn State faculty/staff or self-nomination. The deadline is due Feb 26, 2010. For more information on applications click here.
How to apply:
- Provide a current resume which showcases leadership activities
- Two letters of recommendations are required – one which is an academic reference and one which speaks about your out -of -classroom experience
- An essay of 300 words or less
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
So do you think you have what it takes to be a great leader? Then apply and find out!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Tim’s Law adds stricter penalties for hazing, as well as provides requirements for institutions and includes immunity for those who call for medical attention in hazing emergencies.
Sean Spencer’s Wild Dogs have now accumulated 25 sacks on the season, securing 25 turkeys to be donated to the State College Food Bank at Thanksgiving.
Send this to a friend