The Presidential Leadership Academy (Might) Want You!
Are you a rising sophomore (i.e after this semester you will be a sophomore)? Are you attending University Park currently? Do you wish to become a better leader? Then the Presidential Leadership Academy is for you!
The program itself is 3 years long and accepts only 30 applicants from each class. The Academy aims to prepare students to make difficult choices and to welcome diversity and consider multiple interpretations of a given situation. It will also teach the importance of attire, decorum and personal character.
Some cool stuff that goes on in the Academy:
- Taking a one -credit seminar led by Graham Spanier!
- Taking a three -credit course which emphasizes critical thinking
- Participating in at least three field experiences which are planned annually by the Academy to give students broader perspective on social and political issues.
Applications are either done through a nomination by Penn State faculty/staff or self-nomination. The deadline is due Feb 26, 2010. For more information on applications click here.
How to apply:
- Provide a current resume which showcases leadership activities
- Two letters of recommendations are required – one which is an academic reference and one which speaks about your out -of -classroom experience
- An essay of 300 words or less
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
So do you think you have what it takes to be a great leader? Then apply and find out!