If You’re Not Going Canning This Weekend…
Canning seems to be the topic of the week.
“When are you leaving?”
“Where are you going?”
It seems that these questions are all you hear this time of year. But what do you do if you’re not canning? Just like any other weekend, the university has a series of events scheduled, and HELLO Sam Adams is coming on Friday. Too good.
Some things to consider:
Friday, Sept. 30
- SAM ADAMS is playing at the HUB in Alumni Hall at 10 p.m. His mixer, Dj Dibs, is opening the show. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. NO tickets, first come, first served—so get your ass there!
- Athletics: Women’s Volleyball vs. Wisconsin. Game is at 7 p.m. It’s a big game, ladies and gentlemen. Go show your support!
- Want to relax and watch a movie? Cars 2 is playing at 7 p.m. in the HUB. Student ID required. Other showings will be at 9:30 and 11:55 p.m.
- Gretchen Parlato, jazz vocalist, will be performing at 7:30 p.m. in the Schwab Auditorium. Tickets are $15 for students.
- NRT: No Refund Theatre is showing a Three Musketeers performance at 8 p.m. (FREE). Saturday’s showings are at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. You can watch a pretty cool trailer here.
- On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the State Theatre will host the IAH Film Festival. The theme this year is Workers of the World, and among the 16 films being shown are Up in the Air, Office Space, Antz, and On the Waterfront. A 3-day pass is $20, which is a great deal.
Saturday, Oct. 1
- Cars 2 is playing again. See above for show times and details.
- Athletics: Women’s Volleyball v.s Minnesota. Game is at 6 p.m.
Men’s Soccer v.s Michigan. Game is at 7 p.m.
Football v.s Indiana! Don’t forget to watch it!
- Want to dance? Dance Dance Revolution will be in action from 10 p.m.-1 a.m. in the HUB. It could get interesting. This might be something to watch even if you’re not the dancing type.
- Late-night food specials in the HUB! Something to consider if you’re coming back from a night of partying: Nathan’s: $0.59 Angus beef sliders: 74 with cheese, and $1.00 hotdog. Kenny Rogers Roasters: 5 wings for $1.99. (Maybe these are no Taco Bell deals, but I’d say they’re definitely worth checking out.)
Sunday, Oct. 2
shouldn’twill do nothing but watch Sunday Football.
- Go to the THON website, and make a donation online.
- Go to the website and check out daily/weekly/monthly events involving THON.
- Challenge yourself and sign up for the THON 5K!
- Spread the word to get donations!