[Photo Tour] Take A Look At The New Burrowes Building
Out with the cranes and in with the new windows — the Burrowes Building is back in action.
After about two years of interior construction, the Burrowes Building is ready for the 2016 spring semester. Built from 1938 to 1940, Burrowes stood in dire need of electrical and general layout updates. Although its facade seems untouched, the new multi-purpose building will surprise you as another successful project for our university.Despite the modern renovations, the Burrowes Building still sports its original plaque outside the front door.Murals painted by 1955 graduate, John T. Biggers, line the entryway to the main atrium.
With 4 floors and a ground floor, plus North and South wings on every level, the Burrowes Building is quite the maze to navigate.
Offices, general purpose classrooms, and labs from a variety of colleges and disciplines fill the hallways. The building mainly houses staff and graduate students from the College of the Liberal Arts.
The classrooms, however, are not fully finished.
…Not yet, at least.
The amenities in this building are beautiful. Bathrooms lined with warm-colored tiles are just the beginning. This could very possibly make it to the top of our bathroom power rankings.
Water fill stations…
…and the grand finale, “free” coffee! The sign above this station on the second floor denotes that the student or faculty member must provide their own coffee pod to insert into the machine. But hey, that still counts as “free”, right?
The Burrowes building is sleek, clean, and modern. It provides a well-needed home for the office-less faculty members after two years of their relatively nomadic structure. Welcome back, Burrowes.