Alumni Association Names 2018 Alumni Achievement Honorees
The Penn State Alumni Association has selected 10 alumni 35 years old or younger to receive the 2018 Alumni Achievement Award.
Recipients are nominated by an academic college or campus and invited back to Penn State to share their expertise with students and the Penn State community. They will be officially recognized in a ceremony on Friday, March 23.
The Alumni Achievement Award has honored 140 exceptional young alumni since its inception in 2005, including this year’s class. This year’s honorees will meet and talk with students on Thursday, March 22 at Hintz Alumni Center and many will guest lecture in classrooms during their visits to campus.
This year’s honorees are as follows, with biographical information provided by the Alumni Association:
- Rebecca Ann Buckley-Stein (2015 Penn State Law graduate): staff attorney with the California Rural Legal Assistance Inc. in Delano, California
- Neil Goldman (2005 graduate of the College of Health and Human Development): founder and CEO of Hotels for Hope
- Seth Hernandez (2006 graduate of the College of the Liberal Arts): founder and CEO of Cloud Anthem and SF Bartenders
- Megan Matthews (2011 graduate of the Eberly College of Science): assistant professor of chemistry at the University of Pennsylvania
- Jared Edgar McKnight (2011 graduate of the College of Arts and Architecture and the College of the Liberal Arts): associate and designer at WRT LLC
- Nicole Reed Fry (2005 and 2008 graduate of the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences): managing consultant in the energy practice at Navigant
- Guy Reschenthaler (2004 graduate of Penn State Behrend): represents the 37th District in the Pennsylvania Senate, and serves portions of Allegheny County and Peters Township in Washington County
- Devon Still (2011 graduate of the College of the Liberal Arts): played in the National Football League for six years as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals and Houston Texans, founder of the Still Strong Foundation
- Bjorn Trowery (2008 graduate of the Bellisario College of Communications): director of communications for Heineken USA
- Kate Whalen (2008 graduate of the Smeal College of Business): director within BlackRock’s European private credit team