Recent Graduates Highlight Alumni Council Appointees
The newest members of Penn State’s Alumni Council began their terms July 1, including those elected this year and 10 appointees as outlined by the council’s bylaws. The Alumni Association just announced this year’s appointees in a list surprisingly robust with young alumni — half of them graduated after 2010.
These appointees will serve three-year terms on the Alumni Council, which is the governing board of the Alumni Association. Those joining the council are:
- Darryl Blakey ’15 Agr (former vice president of the Commonwealth Council of Student Governments)
- Jon Brooks ’03 Bus (former president of the Interfraternity Council)
- Anand Ganjam ’15 Bus (former president of the University Park Undergraduate Association)
- Doris Golebiewski ’05 HHD (inaugural member of the HHD Women’s Leadership Initiative)
- Tommy Hogan ’77g Lib, ’83g IDF (School of Labor and Employment Relations professor)
- Parul Luthra ’03, ’17g Hbg (Penn State Harrisburg Alumni board member)
- Mike McHugh ’12 Bus (founded Adaptive Outreach organization for students with disabilities)
- Emily Miller ’16 Edu (former speaker of the University Park Undergraduate Association)
- Nuria Padro ’01, ’07g Edu (founding member of the Multicultural Greek Council)
- Devon Still ’11 Lib (former Penn State football captain, All-American, Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year)
An influx of young alumni in leadership positions is a step in the right direction for the Alumni Association, which has been amping up efforts to engage recent graduates. This year will mark the second class of its Young Alumni Ambassadors program, designed to prepare new graduates for future volunteer leadership roles.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Jax Bar & Kitchen is the newest addition to the State College drinking scene.
Let’s make this game a little bit more interesting with the official Penn State-Illinois drinking game!
Send this to a friend