Movin’ On To Close Campus Roads Friday
Penn State’s annual student music festival, Movin’ On, will take northeast campus by storm Friday, bringing with it a handful of road closures. University police are asking people to just avoid the area entirely when driving to make things easier.
The following roads will be closed from about 3:30 to 11:30 p.m. Friday, April 26:
- Park Avenue (from Bigler Road to University Drive)
- North University Drive (from Park Avenue to just north of the University Drive and Services Road intersection)
- Services Road (from Big Hollow Road to University Drive)
Those driving on Park Avenue from the east will be directed south on University Drive.
Bigler Road will have northbound access off of Park Avenue, but since most of the other roads in the area will be blocked off, driving in this area will be limited.
Anyone trying to continue east or west on Park Avenue can detour onto Curtin Road for the duration of the closure.
The Campus Shuttle will not serve these stops at all on Friday:
- Campus Shuttle via College Avenue stops 18 (Big Hollow), 19 (Hazmat Bldg.), 20 (Ag Research), 21 (Support Bldg. 1 & 2), and 22 (Blue Band)
- Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue stops 2 (N University Dr.), 3 (Data Center);
From 3-6 p.m. Friday, the Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue also won’t serve stops 4 (Business Services) and 5 (Arboretum).
If you’re still confused or can’t quite visualize which roads will be closed, the university has created an interactive map to help you figure things out. You can view it here.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Penn State’s magical 2019 season came to a close in heartbreaking fashion at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
It’s hard not to draw parallels between this year’s lacrosse team and a couple other Nittany Lion teams that have used the City of Brotherly Love as a launching pad to sustained success.
Send this to a friend