First Day Of Fall 2022 Classes Prop Bets
Welcome to Sylly Week, Penn Staters.
Once you finally turn off your alarm and head to class for the first time this semester, you’re destined to see and hear some ~interesting~ things.
We’ve compiled a list of totally realistic prop bets to keep your mind sharp during the first week of classes.
For those not familiar with prop bets, Onward State co-founder Evan Kalikow put it best: “A prop bet is short for proposition bet. Basically, it’s a bet on something not commonly betted upon. For example, lots of people bet on the score of the Super Bowl, but how many people bet on how many times the winning coach will say ‘humbled’ in the post-game press conference? That’s a prop bet.”
It’s important to note, however, Onward State is NOT a gambling site, and none of these bets are real whatsoever. We don’t encourage or promote gambling, but we do encourage having fun. Lots of it, actually.
Without further ado, here’s what we came up with:
- You see an iPad girl wearing Penn State’s new Lululemon line: 3-1
- You see Patrick Kraft at Happy Hour at A’s Pub: 25-1
- The line to Cafe wraps around the corner before sunset: 10-1
- You hear someone complain about the number of decommits Penn State football has had: 6-1
- President Bendapudi eats a cone at the Creamery: 18-2
- Someone convinces you to buy the LineLeap bar crawl shirt: 4-1
- You see a group of freshmen asking Bestie Ryan for a picture: 12-1
- You see James Franklin ordering a venti iced quad sugar-free vanilla latte with oat milk at the West College Avenue Starbucks: 30-1
- You watch the Kick The Sheets guy energizer bunny-ing himself around State College on your TikTok FYP: 7-1
- One of your professors mentions the tuition increase: 20-2
- Sean Clifford’s Limitless NIL company has a FDOC photoshoot while drinking Dunkin’: 14-2
- You try Raising Cane’s for the first time during your lunch break: 5-1
- You hear someone incorrectly pronounce the soon-to-be French diner, “Oeuf Boeuf Et Bacon”: 18-1
- The Willard Preacher is wearing a non-red sweatshirt: 6-1
- Number of people who asks for football tickets in the student ticket exchange GroupMe: 409
- Total number of pictures the Nittany Lion takes with students: 245
- Number of officially licensed Penn State Homefield t-shirts you see: 24
- Number of Penn State football players you see #SettingTheStandard in the first row of class: 5
- Mentions of Penn State being unranked in preseason AP Top 25: 7
- CATA buses that hit capacity: 39
- Free t-shirts you acquire: 2
- Number of COVID-19 positive individuals you come in contact with: 22
- Number of people wearing a pair of AirPods Maxs: 340
- Mentions of monkeypox: 55
- Katie Feeney TikToks posted: 4
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
One of our staffers issued a response to SPA’s handling of a Twitter interaction following its announcement of a Domestic Violence Awareness Month speaker.
“It’s nice to enjoy my 15 minutes of fame.”
A visit from Pat Freiermuth and “We Want Drew” chants highlighted another busy Saturday in Happy Valley.