College of IST Continues Search For New Dean
A job listing of sorts has gone up on Penn State Live in the hopes of recruiting a new Dean for the College of Information Sciences and Technology. Here is a summed up version of what the University is looking for in the new Dean of IST:
Be able to lead a team of 50 professors and a school of 1,350 students.
Have an intense understanding of the concepts that are taught and researched at the College of IST.
Have the credentials to be a tenured professor.
Be able to stick to a budget.
Be able to fundraise like crazy.
The committee in charge of choosing a new Dean is led by Honors College Dean Christian Brady. The committee will be accepting applications starting February 15 and will accept applications/nominations until the position is filled.
As a student of the College of IST, I’m looking for a few things from the new Dean:
- Update the IST and SRA degrees to be current with today’s technology and issues.
- Create an Emergency and Disaster Management degree with focuses on prevention, response, and collaboration during crises.
- Invest in more collaborative space in the IST Building.
- Reduce class sizes across the board, even if they have to move IST/SRA classes outside of the IST Building.
- Hire more faculty to teach new and improved courses.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“I think that’s where a lot of my desire to help others has stemmed from because I grew up around that amount of kindness.”
‘Anybody In This League Has A Chance To Win The National Championship’: Penn State Men’s Hockey Facing Unpredictable Final Stretch
“Any team can beat any team on any given night, and it’s super fun.”
“I’ll learn this first year if people are really watching the game and know basketball.”