The Real Value of Your Football Tickets
About a week ago, a friend who is heading to the University of Alabama told me that her season tickets only cost her $35. I thought to myself, “Is Penn State really the only school that charges over $200 for student season tickets?”
So, I investigated, and my discoveries were somewhat shocking. I decided to break it down even further by analyzing statistics such as cost per home game, value per home win, and value per ranked home win.
- Ohio State had the highest cost per game at $31.64. Penn State was a close second at $30.41.
- Alabama student tickets are only a mere $5 a game. It’s true.
- Michigan’s 11-11 home record over the past three seasons has given them the highest value per win at $56.09. Penn State, USC, and Ohio State follow at $37.17, $35.00, $34.80 respectively.
- A 1-3 home record against ranked teams at home make Wisconsin’s value per ranked home win an astronomical $470.00.
- Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Iowa all have three ranked home wins over the past three seasons. Their value per ranked home wins are $232, $223, $206, and $161 respectively.
- Oklahoma has won five ranked home games and comes in at $96 per ranked home win.
As much as we complain about the ridiculous ticket prices, relatively, they aren’t too far off from other top football programs in the Big Ten and beyond. $32 a game for a great atmosphere isn’t outrageous, especially when our alumni are paying at least double that price. An 18-4 record at home helps, especially when you include two Michigan wins, the legendary 400th win, and multiple whiteouts.
Bottom line: stop complaining about the price of your football tickets. Instead, how about you get the value out of your tickets by getting to Beaver Stadium by kickoff instead of at halftime? If you can get up at 7 AM for tickets, you can get to the game at noon, right?
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
The report outlines 31 instances of hazing university-wide that occurred between 2013 and 2019, including dates, a general description, and details of the sanctions levied.
Send this to a friend