Dear College GameDay, Come to Happy Valley
Dear Chris, Kirk, Corso, and Des,
You may not remember me, but we met a few years ago at a little place called Paternoville. I was just a sophomore then, and as the final game of my senior year approaches, I write to ask you a favor. Bring College GameDay to Penn State next week. You won’t regret it.
- Both teams should be ranked in the BCS Top 15, and both are still in the hunt for their respective division titles. With a win over Northwestern this weekend, Nebraska will match Penn State’s 8-1 record and remain in the top ten.
- The renewal of a storied rivalry. Though Penn State and Nebraska will be playing their first game as Big Ten opponents, this series has certainly had its share of memories. A few highlights include No. 8 Penn State’s last-second victory over No. 2 Nebraska at Beaver Stadium in 1982, the 1994
controversy surroundingscrewing of Penn State in the polls that gave Nebraska a national title, and the Penn State’s primetime throttling of No. 8 Nebraska in 2002.
- You haven’t been to Happy Valley in over two years. Chris, we know you called State College home for part of your life. And, Kirk, I’m starting to think you’ve lost your touch at trashcan football.
- It might be Joe Paterno’s last game ever at Beaver Stadium. Yes, we know, you’ve heard that one before, but one of these years it’s going to be true. Do you really want to look back and say that you missed it? Didn’t think so.
- The only other game worthy of your attention is Oregon at Stanford. Do you really want to go to Stanford? They averaged just 40,000 fans per game (10,000 below capacity) last year during one of their best seasons ever, and their mascot is a freaking tree. I mean, if you’re into the idea of a 7AM (PST) broadcast in front of a dozen or so Stanford fans, then by all means head to Palo Alto.
- As far as traditions go, Paternoville and the Whiteout will be in full effect.
I hope that you take my words to heart, and I look forward to seeing Corso standing at Paternoville in a white bathrobe one more time before I graduate.
If you like what you read and think this should definitely happen, tweet out the link (onward.st/t1knW7) to this article to @CollegeGameDay. The more tweets they get, the harder it will be for them to overlook it. You can also post the link on their Facebook page, just in case you don’t have a Twitter account.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
It’s UPUA’s intention that the Community Group representatives will encompass all four Greek councils and all three caucuses.
If you’re heading back home to the Steel City next week, be sure to check out some of these events and attractions.
Send this to a friend