Berkey Creamery’s Website Facelift Includes Addition Of Nation-Wide Delivery
There’s a few things that all Penn Staters hold true to their hearts, like the Lion Shrine, Penn State football, and Berkey Creamery ice cream. The influence of Penn State’s brand is felt in all corners of the globe, thanks to alumni scattered across the planet craving the Creamery’s savory delicacies. In the past, loyal Creamery-goers were forced to return to campus and package their treats with dry ice, but times have changed.
The Berkey Creamery unveiled a sleek new website that’s both aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly. The e-commerce powered website gives users the opportunity to do something that they never thought possible: order Creamery products right to their doorstep.
Cheeses, spreads, ice creams, frozen yogurts, and just about every other signature product from the Creamery can now be delivered to your home. The website categorizes all available products into categories including “hall of fame” and “signature,” aiding users as they sort through the collection of flavors and favorites.
The website is a major upgrade from past sites, giving users plenty of new options. Here are a few of the site’s new capabilities:
- Users can create personalized ice cream coolers, cheese boxes, and coffee boxes, giving users the freedom to mix and match as they please.
- Users will now be notified via email when certain products become available or are restocked.
- A brand new user profile system similar to Amazon allows customers to check order status and review products.
- Users can receive quotes regarding shipping, and can have orders shipped to multiple locations with a single payment.
- There is a section that shows what’s “currently scooping” at the Creamery, so fans know when to head in for a scoop or three of their favorite flavor.
This creamery website face lift comes on the year of the Creamery’s 150th anniversary, and it is certainly a massive step in terms of modernization. Many of you may be racing to the creamery website to place an order of the divine snacks, but you won’t be the first one. University President Eric Barron was the first recipient of an order from the website, but he certainly won’t be the last.
Next time you crave a scoop of Peachy Paterno or Alumni Swirl, hop on your computer instead of in your car and order all of your Creamery favorites right to your door.