The Official Big Ten Championship Drinking Game
Penn State fans, are you ready for the Big Ten Championship Game? We sure are and we’ve got you covered with the official drinking game. So get all the booze ready, take a seat on your couch, and play along. Here’s how:
If you’re down to start early, the ESPN College Gameday crew came to Indianapolis and will broadcast live from outside Lucas Oil Stadium from 9 a.m. to noon. Here’s the rules:
- Crack open a beer and take a drink, this is the beginning of a special day.
- Every time a Penn State segment comes on, finish your drink.
- If they mention Penn State’s last Big Ten Championship, grab your Paterno Legacy Series Lager and chug in his honor.
- Drink any time Kirk Herbstreit says nice things about the Nittany Lions, and chug anytime he argues their resume isn’t good enough for a spot in the College Football Playoff.
- If you think Keegan-Michael Key is James Franklin when he comes on set, take a drink.
- If Lee Corso dons the Nittany Lion headgear, finish your drink. And if he doesn’t, finish your drink and we’ll see you at 8.
Penn State vs. Wisconsin
After a long day of waiting, the game finally kicks off at 8:17 p.m. on Fox. Here’s the rules:
- Take a shot! Penn State is actually playing in this game.
- When Saquon Barkley takes the field, take a drink in homage to that dude’s toughness.
- Anytime Bucky Badger is shown, take a drink and remember you’re not the only one that isn’t impressed with Wisconsin’s mascot.
- Any time Trace McSorley leads the Nittany Lions down the field for a touchdown, drink in honor of this star’s moxie.
- Each time Tyler Davis puts the ball through the uprights, drink and be happy this model of consistency isn’t missing crucial chip shots (@Tyler Durbin).
- Drink if they mention that James Franklin is “humbled and honored” to be at the Big Ten Championship Game and isn’t thinking about the College Football Playoff.
- Take a drink if Penn State is losing at the half and remember that it is a second half team.
- If a score update from the ACC Championship shows that Clemson is losing, take a shot to calm your nerves.
- If Penn State wins, finish your drink. Hell, finish multiple drinks. The Nittany Lions are Big Ten Champions!
- If Penn State loses, finish your drink and think back on what an incredible season this has been regardless of the game’s result.
Enjoy the game and drink responsibly!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Though the Judicial Board has final say on the timing of implementing all policy changes, it is expected the changes will take effect for the 14th Assembly if approved.
Ever wondered how the Old Main clock runs? Maybe not, but you’re probably curious now.
Send this to a friend