Penn State To Extend Student Parking Hours During Finals Week
Students spending late nights in the library this week will have one less thing to worry about apart from their studies — parking violations. Penn State University Transportation Services and UPUA have teamed up once again to offer students extended parking hours during this most hated week of weeks.
Overnight parking restrictions for student parking permits will be waived through 7:30 a.m. Friday, May 5. Here are the new parking allowances:
- Resident student permit holders will gain overnight parking access to the East, Eisenhower, and Nittany parking decks, in addition to lots already authorized by their respective permits.
- Off-campus student permit holders (Commuter, Lot 43, Lot 83 East) will gain overnight parking access to all lots normally authorized for evening/weekend parking (see yellow-shaded lots on the Student Parking Map), excluding the HUB Parking Deck and Lot Green H.
- Student Commuter permit holders will also be permitted to park at the Commuter lots (Lot 44, Stadium West, Porter North) during overnight hours.
Unfortunately, there still are some parking restrictions that need to be abided by, but they’re relatively short and sweet so that shouldn’t be a problem. Here they are:
- No overnight student parking will be permitted in Lot Green H (Hort Woods Child Care) or the HUB Parking Deck between 2-4 a.m. each day.
- Student vehicles must return to their assigned lot by 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Resident student parking lots will remain reserved for vehicles displaying the permit specific to each student lot.
- Regulations for all lots prohibiting student parking will also remain in effect (see the red-shaded lots with the “No Parking” symbol on the Student Parking Map).
- Parking spaces posted as reserved, such as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and service/delivery spaces, will remain reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Paid time must be showing at metered and pay station spaces during posted hours of operation, regardless of whether a valid permit is displayed
Not a permit holder? Not a problem. Students not currently registered for on-campus parking can still purchase temporary student permits at these weekly rates:
- Lot 82 – $25 per week (available to resident students)
- Lot 42 – $25 per week (available to resident students)
- Lot 43 – $20 per week (available to off-campus students – 24/7 parking)
- Commuter – $5 per week (available to off-campus students)
Hopefully, some of these extended hours will help ease the strain of finals week stress.