Gameday Coverage: No. 14 Penn State vs. Maryland
Following a dominant 45-14 victory over Indiana last week, Penn State will come back to Happy Valley for a matchup against Maryland.
The Nittany Lions enter the game 7-2, hoping to keep its chances of playing in a New Year’s Six bowl game alive. On the other hand, the Terps come into Beaver Stadium off a 23-10 loss to Wisconsin in Madison last Saturday.
With the season winding down, here’s everything you need to know ahead of their clash with the Terps.
Saturday’s matchup will kick off at 3:30 p.m. EST on FOX. Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman will be on the call.
Penn State Sports Network — Steve Jones and Jack Ham
Local: 99.5 & 103.7 FM/1450 AM, Sirius/XM/Internet: 156/195/957
It isn’t going to be a pretty day in Happy Valley, folks. It’ll be a wet morning, as tailgaters will feel the effects of Friday’s heavy rain. At kickoff, temperatures will be 50 degrees and drop down to 46 by the end of the game, according to AccuWeather. It will also be a bit breezy, with winds at 14 miles per hour and gusts up to 25.
Jahan Dotson popped off in Penn State’s 31-14 curb stomping of the Terps in College Park last season. The wide receiver caught 11 passes for 242 yards and three touchdowns, as Sean Clifford threw for 363 yards and three touchdowns.
On the other side of the ball, Penn State’s defense held quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa to only one touchdown and 371 passing yards. Ji’Ayir Brown recorded the game’s only interception, taking it back 87 yards to the house to ice the game.
Penn State is a bit banged up at this time in the season. James Franklin announced that offensive lineman Landon Tengwall is out for the season. Olu Fashanu is also “week-to-week.” Keyvone Lee is also questionable, as he’s been battling a lingering injury for the last few weeks.
As for Maryland, Taulia Tagovailoa returned last week after spraining his MCL.
Penn State is currently a 10.5-point favorite on FanDuel Sportsbook. The over/under is set at 56.5 points.
Onward State will have you covered throughout tonight’s game. You can find big plays, photos, analysis, and more on our main @OnwardState Twitter account and Facebook page, and we’ll also provide play-by-play commentary from @OnwardStSports.
- Previewing The Enemy: Maryland Terrapins
- Penn State Football Deserves Credit For Avoiding Back-To-Back Losses
- Staff Predictions: No. 14 Penn State vs. Maryland
- Penn State Athletics Announces Parking Updates For Maryland Game
- Dvon Ellies ‘Elated’ To Honor Father By Carrying American Flag At Military Appreciation Game
- Penn State’s Battered Offensive Line Key To Late-Season Push
- Penn State Football Ranked No. 14 In College Football Playoff Top 25 Rankings
- Penn State Offensive Lineman Landon Tengwall Undergoes Season-Ending Surgery
- Penn State Offensive Lineman Hunter Nourzad To Return For 2023 Season
- Analyzing Post-Indiana Reactions For Penn State Football
- Penn State’s Secondary Shows Maturity In Bounce-Back Win Over Indiana
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Behind Sean Clifford’s four touchdowns, the Nittany Lions overcame a weak third quarter to land their tenth win of the season.
Here’s everything you need to know about Penn State’s regular-season finale.
Our staffers unanimously expect James Franklin’s squad to secure its first 10-win season since 2019.