PSU news by
Penn State's student blog

Topics

More

Day: April 3, 2009

Staff Forms For New “Man Mag”

In an official Onward State poll given to Penn State males, 87% admit that they are jealous of Valley Magazine.  Our statistician tells me that the other 13% are either lying or have never read Valley Mag.  Enter [M]asculine Magazine.  This proposed publication hopes to fill the vacant existence of a men’s magazine at Penn […]

Movin’ On 2009: Overview of the Main Acts

In order to prepare for Movin’ On 2009, Onward State has prepared a primer on the different bands that will be performing. Earlier today, we brought you the scoop on the Battle of the Bands winners. Here are the main acts. Band Name: Innerparty System Hometown: Mohnton, Pennsylvania Members: Patrick (vocals); Kris (guitar, synth, vocals); […]

Movin’ On 2009: Overview of the Battle Winners

In order to prepare for Movin’ On 2009, Onward State has prepared a primer on the different bands that will be performing. This post includes all of the winners of the Movin’ On Battle of the Bands, as previously written about. Be sure to check out Onward State later tonight as we bring you an […]

This Week in Penn State Sports

With the nets cut down, 36 ecstatic buses of fans, alumni, and well-wishers returned to State College late last night.  Senior Jamelle Cornley, named MVP of the tournament, led the Lions with 18 points and 7 rebounds.  Sophomore Talor Battle was named to the All-Tournament team, capping the fifth-best scoring season in the history of […]

Porn Shown the Door at U. of Maryland

The student programming committee at the University of Maryland- College Park planned on showing the XXX-rated film, Pirates II: Stagnetti’s Revenge this weekend. When state legislators got word of this, they didn’t exactly approve. Senators debated “the evils of pornography” and the First Amendment for much of the morning, The Sun reported. “That’s really not […]

Daniel Tosh At Eisenhower Auditorium

What: Stand-up Comedian Daniel Tosh, brought to Penn State by SPA. Where: Eisenhower Auditorium When: 9:00 pm TONIGHT! Cost: FREE! Tickets are available at the HUB information desk, Eisenhower Auditorium, the BJC and the Penn State Downtown Theatre, limit two per student id. They’re in limited supply, so hurry over and pick them up! For […]

Next »

Send this to a friend