(Insert Name Here) Palooza
Last spring, the buzz on campus was not focused on finals, term papers, or tanning in the quad (ed. note: we have quads?). It was about whether Asher Roth was the right choice to headline Wallypallooza.
This year, though the UPUA is determined to organize another pre-finals music festival, the name is very much undecided. Since Mike Wallace resigned from his position as UPUA Programming Chairman, naming the festival after him makes even less sense than it did last year. Though Leanna Usnik has taken over the position, Usnikpalooza just does not have quite as good a ring
What should the new festival be called? Read on to find out a few other people we could name it after:
- Obama-stock. Everything this year’s been about him. The guy’s got a Nobel Peace Prize. Why not?
- Colbert-palooza. Colbert nation unites to give the king of comedy news another claim to fame and get Penn State on Comedy Central. Hey, we might as well hedge our bets.
- StateCollege.com‘s Terry Casey suggests UPUA Feztival and asks if we can get Graham Spanier to wear a fez.
- Spanier-stock. Name the concert after our favorite high-paid magician president. Maybe he’ll still wear a fez?
- One-hit-wonder-white-rapper-palooza. Named after Asher Roth. Of course
And regardless of the name, I hope the festival brings in some decent musicians . Getting SOMA’s advice wouldn’t hurt in that regard. Maybe we’ll even get to see Asher Roth again!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Tim’s Law,” the Timothy J. Piazza Anti-Hazing Law, was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate Monday. The legislation is named after Tim Piazza, who died following a hazing ritual at the on-campus Beta Theta Pi fraternity house in February 2017. Now that it’s been passed by both Pennsylvania’s Senate and House of Representatives, the bill will move […]
“I’ll have a scarlet kidney but a heart that beats blue and white.”
Send this to a friend