While You Were Away…
Welcome back, Penn State! As Ferris Bueller once said, life moves pretty fast…even in State College during winter break. Here’s what you should know about everything you missed over the past few weeks.
- Now-former Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller released a grand jury report on Penn State Greek Life with 12 recommendations. Penn State vehemently disagreed with many of the report’s findings in its own 69-page response.
- Tussey Mountain’s ski lift malfunctioned on opening weekend, leaving several people injured.
- The State College Borough officially swore in new mayor Don Hahn and new Borough Council members.
- The Fraser Street Deli is now closed after 13 years in business.
- The Schlow and Penn State libraries started an awesome partnership to share resources. However, Schlow Library is closed Monday and until plumbing issues are resolved.
- Envy announced upcoming performances from Chief Keef and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie.
- Penn State is piloting an Aquafina flavored water station in the HUB.
- The Nittany Lions maintained a perfect 7-0 record in the Fiesta Bowl with a 35-28 win over Washington.
- Saquon Barkley announced his decision to leave Penn State for the NFL, and then signed with Jay Z’s agency Roc Nation Sports.
- Men’s basketball beat Binghamton 80-65, fell to Rider 71-70, beat Coppin State 88-43, lost to Maryland 75-69, and beat Northwestern 78-63.
- Hockey secured a 10-game unbeaten streak with a shootout win over Wisconsin.
- Penn State football earned commitments from four-star defensive end Jayson Oweh, four-star receiver Jahah Dotson, and five-star defensive end Micah Parsons. Manny Bowen and Irvin Charles are no longer on the team.
- Wrestling throttled Indiana and finished first by a landslide in the Southern Scuffle.
- Penn State men’s soccer hired Jeff Cook as its 12th head coach in program history.
- Beloved Penn State kicker Sam Ficken signed with the Los Angeles Rams and scored in an NFL Playoff game.
- Penn State volleyball outside hitter Simone Lee signed on with Imoco Volley Conegliano to start her professional career in Italy.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
After losing my father to cancer, I thought there was nothing THON could offer me that I didn’t already know. After four years, I found comfort in the familiar.
If you couldn’t stay awake the whole time or may’ve missed some of the most exciting things THON had to offer, we compiled a list of some of our favorite posts from the weekend.
Send this to a friend